looking to get a Kubota or JD

/ looking to get a Kubota or JD #1  

charlton289

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 massey ferguson GC 1705
I 'm trying to figure which would be better where I live we have basiclly 2 dealers a Kubota and a John Deere. I 'm leaning more to the Kubota because of cost and quality of Kubota. I'm looking at the new L2501 its seems to be the size i need for what I need to do. can any body give me any input on which would be the better way to go? Thanks

/ looking to get a Kubota or JD #2  
I 'm trying to figure which would be better where I live we have basiclly 2 dealers a Kubota and a John Deere. I 'm leaning more to the Kubota because of cost and quality of Kubota. I'm looking at the new L2501 its seems to be the size i need for what I need to do. can any body give me any input on which would be the better way to go? Thanks

What fits you better? Did you sit in them yet?

/ looking to get a Kubota or JD #3  
Both good brands, and both offer many models with varying levels of features and prices in the 20-35hp range you are looking.

I agree with Murphy, ID be shopping for ergonomics. Which is most comfortable to YOU, and which has the bells and whistles you want for your budget

/ looking to get a Kubota or JD
Yes I have the Kubota fits me better and also the Kubota has a gear transmission where the JD don't and for what need to do that will work better for a control speed.

/ looking to get a Kubota or JD #5  
What's your intended use? You can get cruise control on a HST.

/ looking to get a Kubota or JD
I prefer the Gear over the hystat because that's what I grew up with. I have a 55 Ferguson to -35 now but I would like to get something a little more modern and with a loader and 4x4. Because where I live there is a lot hills and mud and the Gear just work better for me.

/ looking to get a Kubota or JD #7  
gear drives and shuttle shifts are for real men. Hydrostat's are for women.....lol

On the subject of which, let me throw this tid bit in... In as much as I have Kubota's and a Deere, Kubota's fade from orange to Mary Kay red faster than JD fades from green to lime.

The lime looks a darn sight better that the Mary Kay red anyday.....:laughing:

/ looking to get a Kubota or JD #8  
Have you test driven a HST.

/ looking to get a Kubota or JD #9  
gear drives and shuttle shifts are for real men. Hydrostat's are for women.....lol On the subject of which, let me throw this tid bit in... In as much as I have Kubota's and a Deere, Kubota's fade from orange to Mary Kay red faster than JD fades from green to lime. The lime looks a darn sight better that the Mary Kay red anyday.....:laughing:
Gears are for people who have never put in a day's work on a good HST compact tractor. Or bone heads that refuse to accept new technology.

Last edited:
   / looking to get a Kubota or JD #10  
Getting the right tractor for you (as per the above advice) is half the owning experience. Dealer service and support for your rig is just as important.

Who has the best reputation, in your area, for backing up their product? Ask your neighbours.

PS: I've got an HST and, last I checked, I've still 'got a pair'.