Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #22  
every HST tractor I have owned or driven would easily spin the tires in low range even on good traction.
I have had different experiences. Especially if carrying a load in the FEL up a grade.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #23  
Makes no sense to me. HST is right leg / foot actuated. Gear drive with a hydraulic shuttle is left hand left foot actuated and you can never expect good gradeability with an HST in the first place..... and, I hardly ever use the clutch pedal anyway, most times I use the column mounted shuttle lever.
Yep, half the time I’ve got a dog asleep in the cab covering all the pedals.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #24  
The pedal pressure is lighter than my truck is lol. I was going for a gear drive one for the extra power. But the amount of front end loader work and grading we was doing hst made more sense. Plus the safety factor on these hills out weighted getting a gear drive even at the cost of quieter and stronger. Do you still retain the cutting brakes with the GST? I’m sure glad I had them today in the woods. Some tight spots needed it lol.
Yes, those brakes were designed before HST was a thing ;)

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition
425lb forks? That can’t be right on that tractor.

It does seem like a lot. Having weighted them myself though.
Yes, those brakes were designed before HST was a thing ;)

Lol yes I know that. I was meaning with staying the clutch pedal and hand control on the left with the GST. Never driven one.
Yep, half the time I’ve got a dog asleep in the cab covering all the pedals.

Now that would be great having my dog there.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #26  
Something doesn't seem right with your machine. I've never wished I had more power with my L5740 and it's only 17 more hp than yours on a slightly heavier tractor. It will easily run out of traction in medium high range before it loses power, even with studded chains on the rear. I can honestly say I've never even used low range for anything. My rears are loaded and if anything I wish I had more weight for skidding logs. All my log skidding is done in medium range (combination of low and high on the column) in the woods, depending on grade. It's mostly medium high except for a couple really steep pulls coming out of creek beds. Once I get out to the field I'm able to shift into high-low range with a decent uphill grade. I run it the same way pulling a 6x8 trailer heaped with firewood. Hopefully your dealer can figure out what the issue is and correct it for you.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #27  
My set of 48" Worx Duty brand forks weighs in at 400 lbs. I believe Worx Duty is a branch on the Land Pride tree.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition
Something doesn't seem right with your machine. I've never wished I had more power with my L5740 and it's only 17 more hp than yours on a slightly heavier tractor. It will easily run out of traction in medium high range before it loses power, even with studded chains on the rear. I can honestly say I've never even used low range for anything. My rears are loaded and if anything I wish I had more weight for skidding logs. All my log skidding is done in medium range (combination of low and high on the column) in the woods, depending on grade. It's mostly medium high except for a couple really steep pulls coming out of creek beds. Once I get out to the field I'm able to shift into high-low range with a decent uphill grade. I run it the same way pulling a 6x8 trailer heaped with firewood. Hopefully your dealer can figure out what the issue is and correct it for you.

Wow no way can I do most in medium high. It’ll slow down to a crawl. I don’t even attempt the climb empty in medium. Hell just the driveway it don’t like being in medium high.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #29  
Sound like something is not set correctly. I guess all of this is one of the reason I have stayed with a geared tractor. My Kubota M6040 will easily lift a 2400# pine log with my 820# Land Pride grapple. With this load low( knuckle dragging) I can very easily, quickly move up a VERY steep slope - in 4WD.
This pine log is - 32" by 8'. I moved it to the front yard while still green - eight years ago. My log weight chart says this log weighed right at 2320# when I moved it.
IMG_0011.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #30  
Now that would be great having my dog there.
Be careful what you wish for, it’s constant criticism about everything you do. Like how long it takes you to hook up a PTO shaft.
F4352E02-6D64-463C-B6AF-EE729267B373.jpeg

He does HST rides too, but usually only to get from point A to point B.
15065D9B-512D-402C-BB3D-11B78DBC6E2B.jpeg