ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans #1  

Peter 315

Tractor
Kubota L3800 HST Kubota L47 TLB
Looking at LS tractors XR4155 , What the advantages of the HST VS 16x16 trans ?

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans #2  
HST=clutchless forward and reverse motion. "infinite" speeds, can be driven by anyone with a pulse.
16x16=cool running for long periods of time, low noise under heavy load, lower initial cost.

See any thread with 'HST vs. Shuttle' in it.

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans #3  
Most people with HST do repetitive forward and backward loader work, gravel, dirt, snow plowing, etc. Gear tractors you usually see doing a lot of farm work like pulling a bottom plow, rototiller, and other ground engagement work. Either will work for you. Just depends on how much you like to shift and use the clutch. I owned and / or ran gear tractors all my life until I got my first HST in 2004. I've never gone back to a gear tractor for all the work I do with it. Just a matter of preference.

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans #4  
I have the shuttle xr4155 I’ve used it quite a bit for loader work and it isn’t that bad at all. I also do a lot of bush hogging in the summer sometimes on pretty hilly terrain which is why i went with the shuttle. No way i would want HST on step hills.

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans #5  
Another value of an HST vs SS is if you do work where you have to approach the edge of a canyon - I had a mountainside road, a mile long, that I has to maintain and ditch. We frequently had rock/dirt slides during the winter that had to be cleared. Much of the road had a steep cliff on one side and a deep canyon on the other. The fallen debris was always dumped over the edge and that edge had to be approached with great care. I had a B-21 TLB/HST and would never have enjoyed having to clutch and brake as my front tires came within an inch of the canyon-side edge of the roadway to make the dump. The HST made it a piece of cake.

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans
I have the shuttle xr4155 I致e used it quite a bit for loader work and it isn稚 that bad at all. I also do a lot of bush hogging in the summer sometimes on pretty hilly terrain which is why i went with the shuttle. No way i would want HST on step hills.

How many hours on your tractor ? I stopped at the dealer today . I don't know if I like LS a lot of plastic( rear fenders )I saw rust on the loader mount welds bleeding through the paint

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans #7  
117hrs I’ve owned it little less then a year. I’ve had some little silly problems. Clutch sensor plate rubbing the wire harness (dealer put a whole new harness on it) and a seal leaking where the front drive shaft comes out but other then that it’s a been a good tractor. I’ve yet to find anything i can get a bucket full of that it won’t lift or weeds/grass tall enough to bog it down pulling my 6ft bush hog. When i say tall I’m talking 6’ plus fields.

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans #8  
Gear drive puts more power to the ground and pto, it also uses less fuel... AND puts out waaaay less heat and noise.

SR

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans #9  
How many hours on your tractor ? I stopped at the dealer today . I don't know if I like LS a lot of plastic( rear fenders )I saw rust on the loader mount welds bleeding through the paint

Doesn't JD & Kubota both use plastic fenders as well now? We demo'd both (and others) before settling on the LS. It's been a little while but would have sworn that they both used plastic fenders and hoods on the new ones we played with.

/ ls tractor hst vs Fully Synchronized trans
I think the kubota is still metal on most