LS vs NH

/ LS vs NH #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
There seems to be a relationship between NH and LS but I am not clear what it is. I see people here note that some NH tractors are built by LS. OR some parts are. I am confident that this forum can school me. Please do. I am a Ford NH guy (and a little Kubota). At least LS is the right color to be associated with NH:)

/ LS vs NH #2  
There seems to be a relationship between NH and LS but I am not clear what it is. I see people here note that some NH tractors are built by LS. OR some parts are. I am confident that this forum can school me. Please do. I am a Ford NH guy (and a little Kubota). At least LS is the right color to be associated with NH:)
LS makes the NH Boomer tractors.

/ LS vs NH
Thanks
Do they still have Shibaura motors?

/ LS vs NH
I have only heard positive things about LS so that sounds good to me.

/ LS vs NH #6  
I would have looked at LS before my last NH purchase but there was only one LS dealership within a 100 miles of my location in a metro area of over 8 million people and the dealership was really small.

/ LS vs NH #7  
Yes, LS makes some of the NH Boomer tractors. I haven't seen any of the LS tractors in person, but I have seen the NH/LS Boomers. They didn't have the Shibaura motors in them, though. I think they were Mitsubishi engines in those units. Those LS/Boomers couldn't compare to my TC45DA. I've heard that NH is going back the other way and is going back to the Shibaura built Boomers? Some of the larger Boomers are Fiat built units. It's crazy how they jump around. If you can find a LS tractor in the HP range you want, and it's a Shibaura or Mitsubishi motor, I would take a close look at them. I have had nothing but good luck with my NHTC45, with the Shibaura motor. I don't know what the LS dealer support network is like, so I don't know how well they do. If you have a NH dealer close by, go and look at what they have new for 2015, and ask lots of questions....

/ LS vs NH #8  
My concern between the two would be resale value. Around here, resale or trade in value is very good for NH. A lot of people here have never even heard of LS.

/ LS vs NH #9  
Also be concerned with the rest of the drive train. Shibaura built a really good tractor, like the TC series and older units. I am not so sure about Fiat built stuff yet.
Gary

/ LS vs NH #10  
Also be concerned with the rest of the drive train. Shibaura built a really good tractor, like the TC series and older units. I am not so sure about Fiat built stuff yet.
Gary

You are correct in that statement. I value my TC45DA now even more since I bought it new in 06. I just wish I would have purchased a TC55d instead!