Comparison LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #11  
I'm leaning heavily toward the Kioti but one nagging concern is what I might be missing if I buy the less mainstream brand. Is cost/availability of parts/service a big difference? Has the reliability of the Kioti been established?
I've owned my Kioti DK 35 for 14 years and just under 2000 hours.
It has been great. Never gives me any problems.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #12  
would it be ok to add the JD 2520 and Kubota B2620 to this discussion?

Of the five tractors now mentioned, I think the Kubota is the only one with a 3-range HST if that matters to you. I have a 3 range and use all 3 frequently. I am not trying to sway you to Kubota as I am not brand loyal. Just another nugget of info to help you decide. Based on what I have read on TBN I wouldn't worry too much about Kioti reliability. If you have not done so, spending some time in the seat of each will probably help a lot in narrowing the search.

The Kubota B2620 is a recently discontinued model. The B2601 is the new model that took its place.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #13  
If your looking to pull a bush hog or finish mower 99% of the time with no real ground work take the lighter machine, If your looking to run graders, box blades, land planes tillers and other ground working equipment as well as lots of loader work with varied materials the weight will be your friend now and forever. Everyone talks about adding weight to a lighter tractor to make it more feasible for ground work but think what happens when you add that same weight to the already heavy machine.

Its hard to get an answer with no bias on here but for what its worth I have owned many different brands of tractors and heavy equipment over the years. I haven't had to buy anything other than filters for My kioti since I got it. So my only real tell tale is watching other folks experience here and from that, it seems that they are no better or worse than any other manufacture in parts available and time to dealer or to the owner. Only time will tell for the long run but I have heard a few JD guys complain about parts availability here lately.

Property Maintenence, Light is good.

Ground engagement, get the CK2510.

I's have gotten it except I wanted gear and I did not wat the 3x2 of the Kioti.

Hydro, Kubota is good, but if you want weight, get the Kioti.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #14  
According to antlers125 the LS XJ2025 FEL is 900 lbs. The Kioti CK2510 FEL (with bucket) is 605 lbs., so there goes 295 lbs. of the difference. It's now down to a 355 lb difference. I wonder if the LS BH weighs more too. . . .

I would bet $5 against a hole in a donut that the XH2025 FEL does NOT weigh 900 pounds.

And who decided that 125 pounds per HP is the "ideal" weight? That is a completely made up statistic, and you know that 96.27532% of statistics are made up, don't you?

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #15  
I would bet $5 against a hole in a donut that the XH2025 FEL does NOT weigh 900 pounds.

And who decided that 125 pounds per HP is the "ideal" weight? That is a completely made up statistic, and you know that 96.27532% of statistics are made up, don't you?

Agree on both accounts, I don't think my KL130 weighs 900#. And I thought it was 96.72532% of made up statistics.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #16  
Kioti is consistently heavier than comparable tractors. I know my CK35 is built like a tank, that's where the 3500lb weight comes from. I assume it's the same with the 2510. LS seems to be consistently lighter than average.

I wouldn't go quite that far. LS is pretty average when it comes to weight. Kioti is a bit on the heavy side for most models, but not always. Deere, Case, LS, New Holland, Massey, etc are all frequently in the same ballpark....somewhere in the middle. Kubota usually comes in on the light side, but not always, and Mahindra usually comes in on the very heavy side, but not always.

All similar machines...open station around 50hp gross:

Take a new Deere 4049....3,770lbs. A new LS XR4046H....3,870lbs. A new Kioti NX5010....4,068lbs. A new Kubota L4760...3,847lbs. A new Mahindra 5010...3,836lbs. A new Mahindra 5035....4,939lbs! I don't think 1-200lbs is worth considering in this size machine.

The problem (for lack of a better word) is that with the SCUT sized machines it doesn't take a whole lot in the way of features, options, or a slight difference in wheelbase/machine size to add 3-500lbs, and that can be significant for a machine weighing around 2,000lbs. Just a slight bump in size makes everything else have to go up in size, and the next thing you know, one machine weighs 500lbs more, but when they're parked next to one another, you only see a slight difference in outward appearance. The bigger machines (like I mention above), are often built around a wider range of power and they already have a lot of the extra size/strength added....no need to keep them light for the average customer, as they aren't likely being used to mow lawns.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #17  

Unfortunately, that might be yet another example of a lack of standards in the tractor industry. It's possible that 900lb figure is with a bucket, meaning the FEL itself weighs something like 650lbs (reasonable for that size machine).

I just don't know why the manufacturers won't all come to an agreement and list specs a set way, or at least be consistent and tell us "FEL weight is listed with an X size bucket" or something like that. They do the same thing with loader lift capacities and 3PH lifting capacity....some spec it as at the ball ends, some at 24" and some leave us completely guessing.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #18  
According to antlers125 the LS XJ2025 FEL is 900 lbs. The Kioti CK2510 FEL (with bucket) is 605 lbs., so there goes 295 lbs. of the difference. It's now down to a 355 lb difference. I wonder if the LS BH weighs more too.

Stay calm. This is what I said again, "add the weight of a backhoe to any of them (and) the 650 lbs difference will become much less noticeable". That is different from what you said I said, "I wont notice an extra 650LBS when the backhoe is on". Can you see the difference?

Well Ok If I am digging in my great grandsons sand box I might not notice 650LBS :confused2:

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H
I wouldn't go quite that far. LS is pretty average when it comes to weight. Kioti is a bit on the heavy side for most models, but not always. Deere, Case, LS, New Holland, Massey, etc are all frequently in the same ballpark....somewhere in the middle. Kubota usually comes in on the light side, but not always, and Mahindra usually comes in on the very heavy side, but not always.

All similar machines...open station around 50hp gross:

Take a new Deere 4049....3,770lbs. A new LS XR4046H....3,870lbs. A new Kioti NX5010....4,068lbs. A new Kubota L4760...3,847lbs. A new Mahindra 5010...3,836lbs. A new Mahindra 5035....4,939lbs! I don't think 1-200lbs is worth considering in this size machine.

The problem (for lack of a better word) is that with the SCUT sized machines it doesn't take a whole lot in the way of features, options, or a slight difference in wheelbase/machine size to add 3-500lbs, and that can be significant for a machine weighing around 2,000lbs. Just a slight bump in size makes everything else have to go up in size, and the next thing you know, one machine weighs 500lbs more, but when they're parked next to one another, you only see a slight difference in outward appearance. The bigger machines (like I mention above), are often built around a wider range of power and they already have a lot of the extra size/strength added....no need to keep them light for the average customer, as they aren't likely being used to mow lawns.

Gman, I think your last paragraph is the focus of what I'm looking at. What are the design and manufacture differences that give rise to the weight disparity between these smaller machines? My gut is that the Kioti ck2510 is a scaled down version of a larger tractor while the LS XJ is its own design- unlike other tractors in the LS line. I'm just not sure which one will hold up the best when I commence to beat the **** out of it ( but maintain it lovingly).

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #20  
Have fun in the sandbox paulfun9.

From LS website: Approx. Weight (Loader w/o Bucket), lbs. 638 (If you don't think they are lying, then it is easy to get to 900 lbs with the bucket added)

Total tractor weight without ballast, lbs.: 1785 (+ 900 lbs = 2685 lbs)

From Kioti website: Weight (with Bucket) 605 lbs.

Weight w/ Ag Tires w/ ROPS 2,260 lbs (+ 605 lbs = 2865 lbs)

Only 180 lbs difference when each is outfitted with a FEL w/ bucket. When the backhoe is added the LS could (in bold to try to prevent being misinterpreted again) easily make up that 180 lbs difference.

For comparison, the Kubota B26 TLB weighs ~ 4000 lbs. It has plenty of weight to dig in sand or rocky dirt.

Lets assume both backhoes for the LS and Kioti weigh the same @ 1000 lbs.

LS: 2685 lbs + 1000 lbs = 3685 lbs

Kioti: 2865 + 1000 lbs = 3865 lbs

Add rear tire ballast to both @ ~ 300 lbs

LS: 3985 lbs

Kioti: 4165 lbs

That puts them both right there with a Kubota B26 TLB in weight. I have used a Kubota B26 TLB digging in rocky clay and it is a tough little beast. Add 650 lbs to either three of these in the TLB config and it is not going to make much difference. At around 4000 lbs, power and safety quickly become the limiting factors, not weight. If none of these will get the job done at ~4000 lbs, adding more weight is not the answer. A bigger frame more powerful machine would be the answer.

Last edited: