Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day?

/ Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day? #1  

future_vision

Silver Member
Tractor
DK6010SE HSA
I'm just going to throw this out there before I get deep down the rabbit hole of figuring out what grease, grease gun and zerk attachments I need. Subject pretty much says it all. Is that a winning combination? Sure, it is probably more expensive than if I nickle and dime everything but from what I have pieced together these products seem like I'll have my bases covered as a new tractor owner. I'm sure over time I'll figure out a more economical approach. Also consider it's not only me taking care of the tractor. I'd like to make this as simple as can be for all involved.

/ Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day? #2  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
sure you don't want air or powered based? I greased my tractor one time with the manual one (35+ fittings) with backhoe, before I bought air powered. I also bought the lubnlock and it was worth it. I go through almost half a tube every greasing.

battery is easier and quicker, but more money. I am always near air, so its a non issue for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...60ba377f0dafd&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7LPKK...fbe8af56add0a&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

/ Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day?
OP
F

future_vision

Silver Member
Tractor
DK6010SE HSA
I'm working on raw land so there isn't an option for air unless I drag a compressor and a generator out there. As for the LockNLube. Is that better than the Lube Shuttle safeLOCK?

/ Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day? #4  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
   / Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day? #5  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
sure you don't want air or powered based? I greased my tractor one time with the manual one (35+ fittings) with backhoe, before I bought air powered. I also bought the lubnlock and it was worth it. I go through almost half a tube every greasing.

battery is easier and quicker, but more money. I am always near air, so its a non issue for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...60ba377f0dafd&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7LPKK...fbe8af56add0a&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

I like the way the LockNLube works, but I decided to get this one instead, works like a charm and less money.

Last edited:
   / Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day? #6  

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
The pistol grip gun is ok to do that one or two zerks on a mower, u-joint, or something with just a few....

You will definitely appreciate a powered grease gun after you have been squeezing the handle a hundred times and you're only halfway through....

/ Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day?
OP
F

future_vision

Silver Member
Tractor
DK6010SE HSA
No doubt but I'll put up with Popeye arms until I can afford one.

/ Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day? #8  

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5610 G Bobcat V417 TORO+Loader
My favorite is a lever gun with the steel tube replaced with a LockNLube coupler on a 4 foot long hose:
P7110006.JPG

Also have a Lincoln battery operated with LockNLube:
P6170007.JPG

Last edited:
   / Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day? #9  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
I'm just going to throw this out there before I get deep down the rabbit hole of figuring out what grease, grease gun and zerk attachments I need. Subject pretty much says it all. Is that a winning combination? Sure, it is probably more expensive than if I nickle and dime everything but from what I have pieced together these products seem like I'll have my bases covered as a new tractor owner. I'm sure over time I'll figure out a more economical approach. Also consider it's not only me taking care of the tractor. I'd like to make this as simple as can be for all involved.
Bought the pistol grip Lube Shuttle this year and put a LNL tip on the fairly long stock flexible line. I did buy a case of grease but found out the JD dealers carry the cartridges. Wish I'd gone that route. Will never ever probably use all that case of grease before I die.

To the poster about battery driven one: VERY expensive. Don't see it unless you have GOBS of zerks to do often.

/ Lube-Shuttle: Pistol Grip Grease Gun, 12inch Nylon Flex-Hose, Lube Shuttle safeLOCK, and a case of AirTec Li400 and call it a day? #10  

GeneV

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bradley 48" stander MF GC1710
I got an Alemite pistol grip with a locknlube coupler on it, and it's great. I got no problems hitting the trillions of zerks on the massey, it doesn't exhaust my hand at all or anything...and I'm not some big dude with hams for hands or anything.