lx 2610 box blade weight?

/ lx 2610 box blade weight? #1  

coldfingers

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota RTVX-1120D, kubota ZG 227, kubota LX 2610
How heavy of a box blade is okay on a 2610? I'm just using it for snow removal, "72" at 550 lbs okay?

/ lx 2610 box blade weight? #2  
How heavy of a box blade is okay on a 2610? I'm just using it for snow removal, "72" at 550 lbs okay?
If exclusively for snow removal that will be fine.

But......

1) Most here use a rear/angle blade for snow removal, so snow can be windrowed to the side or pulled.

2) 72" Box Blade is a too wide to use as TPH counterbalance for FEL lifts. Total width of a 72" Box Blade will be cumbersome ~78".

3) Consider a snow box so your snow work is in front of the tractor. Much faster snow movement so you can return to the warm house sooner.

YouTube VIDEOS:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tractor+snow+box

Do not compromise on implements. Search until you find exactly the right implement in exactly the right size and weight.

Last edited:
   / lx 2610 box blade weight?
I pull my snow about 75 yards and pile it then

/ lx 2610 box blade weight? #4  
I'm thinking that pushing snow is easier than dragging. One big positive about pushing is that you smooth out the surface ahead of your travel: that's why dozers have blades at their fronts! ;)

/ lx 2610 box blade weight? #5  
I have a 60" HLA snow pusher with the back drag option and have to say I'm a big fan of it. It is heavy but it is impressive how much snow you can push with it. I also like the back drag for around the house and shed. It cuts down on a lot of shovelling.

I'd second the rear blade recommendation over a box blade and if I didn't have a rear blower that would be my first choice over a BB.

/ lx 2610 box blade weight?
Thanks guys