lx277 parts diagram and online source?

/ lx277 parts diagram and online source? #1  

BGigHarbor

Gold Member
Tractor
.l5460, bcs 725, 852
My local dealer has gone out of business and now no dealer within half an hour.

Can anyone point me to a part diagram for an lx277 and an online parts source?

My 2wd lx277 has lost some sort of pivot bolt on the cruise control. So lever doesn't do anything.

It's been that way a while, and I really miss that.

/ lx277 parts diagram and online source?
I may have found a diagram I need at jdpc. For some reason I was having a real problem finding the parts info I need.

/ lx277 parts diagram and online source? #3  
I may have found a diagram I need at jdpc. For some reason I was having a real problem finding the parts info I need.

I suppose you found the JD parts page. John Deere - Parts Catalog
Just search for the part number of your mower...
I like to use the sectional index.
Go to section 60 (steering and brakes) and the find page 56 or 57 for the cruise control.
You can use the print selector to print just the drawing or the list. (or both)

After you get the JD part numbers go to John Deere Parts Online Discount Store: Green Farm Parts and type the part number into the search bar.
Or you can put the part numbers into google and it may find other dealers or items listed on ebay.

You can use the alphabetical index, but these always takes you to some sectional page and it can be confusing.
At times I almost have to start printing the diagram to see what section and page I am looking at.

/ lx277 parts diagram and online source? #4  
LX2777_Cruise.gif

/ lx277 parts diagram and online source? #6  
I need to look at the mower again, but I am guessing I need 22, 23, 15, 16, 17.

Was you able to find the part numbers to order the parts?

Was you able to find the part numbers to order the parts?

I did order those parts.

I did not take off the deck and look at the mower again so hopefully I don't realize I need another part of two when I go to install the parts. Been a bit busy lately.

Thanks, Bill

The bolt I received seems to be too short. Need to go to hardware store and get same size a 1/4 longer.

/ lx277 parts diagram and online source? #9  
The bolt I received seems to be too short. Need to go to hardware store and get same size a 1/4 longer.
It is likely metric threads, but it would be unusual for them to sell a part that will not fit. You sure you understand how it works now?

It is metric, and I figured out that I either don't understand or agree with the diagram exactly. Looked like the diagram was showing the nylon washer (going by part number) on the "outside" of the frame when after looking at it it seems it had to be a spacer between the frame and the cruise control plate.

But my existing tractor has a witness mark on the outside of the frame that indicates a big washer used to be there (not a part in the diagram).

I put it together (with a slightly longer bolt which made it easier but might not have been necessary with some fiddling) the way it looked like it made sense: bushing and 6 spring washers on the inside, nylon washer as a spacer (hole matches bushing) between frame and cruise control plate and for good measure I put a big washer under the flange nut on the outside in part because it used to have one.

Seems to work fine, and it's good to have cruise control again. Easier on my foot and achillies tendon after a while. Don't know why I took so long to get around to replacing it as it was only a few bucks worth of stuff and a couple minutes.

Thanks for the help.