m60 tank leaking hydraulic fluid

/ m60 tank leaking hydraulic fluid #1  

4tillingdirt

Silver Member
Tractor
N/A
I believe it is around 2003 model with Kawasaki 23HP engine. Noticed a pretty significant hydraulic oil leak on the left side. Cleaned it off and it looks like it is leaking where the transmission mates up with the pump. Does anyone have any experience taking the transmission off? Looks like about 6 bolts that holds it on the frame and maybe 4 bolts between the tranny and pump. The problem is I looked up the o-ring that goes in between and it is no longer available. No way I am paying $2k for a new pump or tranny.

/ m60 tank leaking hydraulic fluid #2  
The pump is connected to the wheel motor with hydraulic lines So is the pump leaking. The wheel motor, or one of the hydraulic lines. If my thinking is wrong then please provide the actual model number starting with 53 I think so I can see what it looks like.

/ m60 tank leaking hydraulic fluid
I will take a picture and post it as well but this what I am looking at - Parts Finder Mount Airy Saw & Mower Mount Airy, NC (336) 789-4891

It is leaking pretty close to where #3 would be pointing if it were pointing at the housing. I can look at the area where the pump and drive motor meet up and actually the see the oil run down.

I would have thought there would be a gasket where the pump and motor mate.

/ m60 tank leaking hydraulic fluid #4  
I would say the O ring is leaking between the pump/motor and the final drive. Looks like it is a 2 inch by .070 cross section O ring. You may be able to find something that will work. Not sure if that 2 inch is ID or OD. And the actual dimension may not be exactly 2 inch. Sometimes they will round off dimension to the closest even amount so the O ring could be 1.988 or 2.102