M7040 industrial tire pressure

/ M7040 industrial tire pressure #1  

Dave M7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 Nuffield 465
I have a new M7040 with FEL and cab which came with industrial tires.
The front tires are 12.5 x 20 MITAS which is a size not shown in my owner's manual.
The tire sidewall has a cautionary label about only qualified people servicing the tire but there is not a max pressure shown to use to seat the beads nor a pressure and load rating at that pressure.
The rear tires have a label which says max pressure for setting bead is 35 psi. Rear tires are 16.9 x 28 and there is a pressure shown in owner's manual of 18 psi.

During a recent snow storm, one front tire came off the bead which caused a few headaches I was not expecting with a new tractor with 30 hrs on it.

Does anyone have information on the pressure I should be using and further why would this information not be on the sidewall?

Dave M7040

/ M7040 industrial tire pressure #3  
i have a 7040 with r1s 30x16.9 rears 24x9.5 fronts 26 psi in the fronts 18psi in the rears that pressure kenny is to high i got that out of my manuel that came with the tractor

/ M7040 industrial tire pressure #4  
how do you like your tractor so far i have the gear tranny i should of gotten the hydrilic shuddle clhuting is a pain

/ M7040 industrial tire pressure #5  
If you have a loader, you get in the habit of watching the front tires when carrying a respectable load. That's often a tip-off that they are low. Another seat of the pants method for telling if a tire is low is how the tractor handles on pavement in road gear. Low tires will often set up a bouncing motion front to back or pull to one side.

/ M7040 industrial tire pressure #6  
i have a 7040 with r1s 30x16.9 rears 24x9.5 fronts 26 psi in the fronts 18psi in the rears that pressure kenny is to high i got that out of my manuel that came with the tractor

That is not going to be a recommended tire pressure for any particular application...
That is The Tire Manufactures Rated tire pressure for His particular tire.
You should run tire pressure according to various variables...

/ M7040 industrial tire pressure #7  
u cant fill a tire solid full of air a tire needs to flex to much are with a heavy load the tire will blowout

/ M7040 industrial tire pressure
KennyV
I had seen the Mitas web site previously. My tires are MPT-04 but 43 psi seems high for a farm tractor and I was not certain if the rims were designed for the full load capacity of the tires.
To Case245: I really like my tractor but compared to 35 years with my Nuffield 465 it is a dream. I am struggling to get used to not touching the clutch pedal.
Dave M7040