Made her shine

/ Made her shine
Some people don't wash their cars either, doesn't mean it's a good idea. I like to do at least a little cleaning from time to time..and if anyone doesn't know, the new ceramic coating are more durable, and a lot quicker and easier to apply than a typical wax....

/ Made her shine #13  
Some people don't wash their cars either, doesn't mean it's a good idea. I like to do at least a little cleaning from time to time..and if anyone doesn't know, the new ceramic coating are more durable, and a lot quicker and easier to apply than a typical wax....
No disrespect intended, just wanted to clarify. Me I don't wash it, just wipe it down as needed. I never found it needed a wash, really. Just a spot here and there maybe, but otherwise I just scrape off any mud, let it dry, and any remaining stuff just flakes off anyways. Everything get's lubed, that's what counts. But I get that many people want theirs looking real nice, so all good man.

/ Made her shine #14  
I hit mine with hose/pressure washer a bit, concentrate on cleaning areas where any fluid leaks would show up/etc but thats about it.

/ Made her shine #15  
Yep, that is me. Don't wash my cars either. It is not about being a good idea or not. It is just about priorities and what one chooses to spend time on. If one wants shiny things, sure, go ahead and wash them. For me, i have other things to do and just simply have no need or desire to keep them shiny.

To me, machines are tools. I keep them in running/working order to get use out of them. But the shine doesn't help with that so......

/ Made her shine
I'll disagree that keeping your tractor clean isn't important. As important as checking the oil, no, of course not, but never the less its an important part of maintaining equipment. Giving her a good wash is about more than making the paint shine, I think most anyone would admit that. Applying a wax or other coating while not necessary to maintain or improve performance, will help protect the paint (and sheet metal under it) and the value of the tractor long term. Also makes it easier to clean the next time. I don't know what else you all having going in during your days that would make you unable (or unwilling) to sacrifice 15 minutes to wash and apply a coating to your tractor, but seems like seems like minimal investment to me a couple times a year....

/ Made her shine #17  
I have a nice protective layer of dirt and grime to keep the paint underneath pristine (I'm guessing it's pristine, I haven't seen it for a long time). :ROFLMAO::D

/ Made her shine #18  
I have a nice protective layer of dirt and grime to keep the paint underneath pristine (I'm guessing it's pristine, I haven't seen it for a long time). :ROFLMAO::D
I use what might be best described as "heavy dust protectant".

/ Made her shine #19  
Yep, that is me. Don't wash my cars either. It is not about being a good idea or not. It is just about priorities and what one chooses to spend time on. If one wants shiny things, sure, go ahead and wash them. For me, i have other things to do and just simply have no need or desire to keep them shiny.

To me, machines are tools. I keep them in running/working order to get use out of them. But the shine doesn't help with that so......
I try to wash my cars once, maybe twice, each year.
3 tractors......not so much!

/ Made her shine #20  
I'll disagree that keeping your tractor clean isn't important. I don't know what else you all having going in during your days that would make you unable (or unwilling) to sacrifice 15 minutes to wash and apply a coating to your tractor, but seems like seems like minimal investment to me a couple times a year....

I think this shows that we can argue about anything these days. Anything.

MoKelly