Made in India MF Compacts

/ Made in India MF Compacts #1  

DavesTractor

Elite Member
Tractor
Changes often!
I just saw this on Equipment Dealer website. It's probably not news to you Massey fans, but it was news to me. I sell Mahindra, so I have no issues with Indian built machines, they provide a solid tractor for less money.

Lessiter Publications - Farm Equipment

/ Made in India MF Compacts #2  
Jumping jeepers......not another tractor made in India like my 1971 International 3444, built on the B275 Mahindra tractor platform, with a South Korean FEL, and the 14ft digging backhoe finally built by International here in the United States. What in the world are we getting into......:eek: :rolleyes:

/ Made in India MF Compacts #3  
The 2600 series is not a compact. It is a replacement for some of the 500 series.

/ Made in India MF Compacts #4  
So what is the point of this thread? Tractors are made in all sorts of countries by just about every brand. This is nothing new, which country they come from does not really mean much anymore as just about every tractor has parts from all over the world.

/ Made in India MF Compacts
WilliamBos said:
The 2600 series is not a compact. It is a replacement for some of the 500 series.

I was wondering about that. Most of the tractors out of India are utility size, even though the announcement said compact. Thanks for the clarification.

/ Made in India MF Compacts
Robert_in_NY said:
So what is the point of this thread? Tractors are made in all sorts of countries by just about every brand. This is nothing new, which country they come from does not really mean much anymore as just about every tractor has parts from all over the world.

The point of the thread?

This is a tractor forum, this is the MF portion of it, and this is news related to MF that might interest people.

/ Made in India MF Compacts #7  
I believe the purpose of the thread is to provide good reliable information to people who are considerring buying a tractor or are just interested in trators. I believe this information is helpful because dealers are not always forthcoming with information about where things are made today, The more good reliable information that is out there the better, so keep it coming, let's not try and sensor someones post.

/ Made in India MF Compacts #8  
Do that many dealers hide the fact that tractors (including Massey) are made in countries other then the US? Massey is from England to begin with so it was never an American brand. So really, what difference does country of origin make anymore? It is kind of like racism for the tractor world.

Lets see, CNH is built in a ton of different countries, Deere is built in a ton of countries, same with Agco and Argo. Kubota is built in multiple countries also.

So if all these companies are building tractors all over the world with parts sourced from all over the world then why is it "news" when a Mahindra dealer finds out that Agco and Tafe have an agreement to sell tractors made in India? To me when someone states something is "news" I think of something like New Holland buying out Case-IH or K-mart buying Sears, or Yanmar signing an agreement to build tractors for Cub Cadet. Where a tractor is made just doesn't really seem like something exciting or surprising. And not something worth starting a thread about.

Well, I guess I can sum it up, A foreign brand that is now owned by an American company does and has always made a lot of tractors on foreign land. Shocking:eek: :rolleyes:

/ Made in India MF Compacts #9  
bobmisi said:
I believe the purpose of the thread is to provide good reliable information to people who are considerring buying a tractor or are just interested in trators. I believe this information is helpful because dealers are not always forthcoming with information about where things are made today, The more good reliable information that is out there the better, so keep it coming, let's not try and sensor someones post.

Does Agco claim these tractors are made elsewhere? If not then the most basic of reserach would tell even a novice tractor buyer where a tractor is made if it even mattered.

I am not trying to censor anyone, it just seems like a post made similar to the John Deeres made in India thread that was also started by a Mahindra owner.

If indeed someone did make a claim and a guy came on here stating his local dealer said the new 2600 series Massey Fergusons are made in the US then yes, I can see a point to this post in reply to that thread but it isn't groundbreaking information worthing of shocking anyone in this day and age (especially a tractor dealer).

/ Made in India MF Compacts #10  
DavesTractor said:
This is a tractor forum, this is the MF portion of it, and this is news related to MF that might interest people.

Dave, I have a hard time keeping current on which tractor comes from where. Thanks for the info. No issues here.

Don