Magnetic camera for truck bed

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #1  

RollTideRam

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 4710 Cab
Does anyone have suggestions for a cheap camera to use in my truck bed for hooking up a Gooseneck? I would like one with a magnet or may have to add that. Have a plug in my bed for a power source. A factory style cargo camera is more than I want to spend right now. I have a Furrion monitor (pretty small) for the camera on my camper, not sure if I would need a new monitor.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #2  
You might want to look at the thread here on TBN "backup camera for $50" or something like that. It has loads of information from many folks. Back then I spent about $25 for a screen and $12 for a camera, to put on my tractor front loader. I bought the same items to use on my last truck to look in the cargo bed, and yes, I used a magnet to hold the camera in place (was nice, because I could move it anywhere I needed).

Amazon has tons of cameras and screens. Don't spend more than about $20-30 for the screen or $10-15 for the camera. Some people spend more than that but when you look close it's all the same cheapo stuff coming from China. I've had the setup on my tractor for many years and it's still doing great. If it ever breaks or gets destroyed, not much $$ investment to replace it all.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #3  
We have iball set up. Camera is aa batteries and monitor plugs into 12v in truck. Good resolution. Works in bed, back of truck and back of trailer. Had it for 10 years.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #5  
Following. Need one to see my GN ball.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #6  
Back when I used to have a GN I’d put my phone on camera and lean it against the back window and I could see the trailer ball with it.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #7  
I have been thinking of a setup like this. I think some cameras allow phone view ability through Bluetooth or WiFi. But with a cost. But no extra screen to deal with

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #8  
I just need it periodically. Simple, wireless, magnetic, fits in the console when not used.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #9  
You just described our iball. Simple fits in console until needed.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #10