Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti #1  

bhollar55

Tractor
John Deere 4310
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Mahindra 1635? I'm looking at it and a Kioti CK3510SE. Liking the Mahindra due to no DPF system. Both dealers are equally as close.

Pricing is nearly identical. Also looking at the Mahindra 1626 as well. I could get by with the 1626 but for $2000 its a fairly substantial upgrade.

Thanks

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti #2  
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Mahindra 1635? I'm looking at it and a Kioti CK3510SE. Liking the Mahindra due to no DPF system. Both dealers are equally as close.

Pricing is nearly identical. Also looking at the Mahindra 1626 as well. I could get by with the 1626 but for $2000 its a fairly substantial upgrade.

Thanks

No DPF means that the tractor runs a DOC, which requires more heat constantly, which means more fuel burned at every RPM, and more EGR, which comes with its own efficiency penalties. There is no free lunch.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti
No DPF means that the tractor runs a DOC, which requires more heat constantly, which means more fuel burned at every RPM, and more EGR, which comes with its own efficiency penalties. There is no free lunch.

I appreciate the comment. I sell Toyota forklifts for a living and we don't have a DPF system on our diesels and run the DOC and EGR system. We haven't seen any issues with it.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti #4  
I appreciate the comment. I sell Toyota forklifts for a living and we don't have a DPF system on our diesels and run the DOC and EGR system. We haven't seen any issues with it.

Other than the Kubota B3350 there are no widespread issues with the DPF systems in tractors either. I'm not against either system, but I really suggest not making that the sole deciding factor.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti #5  
I compared many specs on tractors when I was shopping. The two you are looking at left the Kubota and Deere in the dust (less than 1200# loader capacity vs M@1650# or K@1835#). The Kioti has a stronger loader (breakout 3464# vs 2650) and the loader weighs 250# more. Kioti has a bigger hydraulic pump (11.7gpm vs 8gpm). The Mihindra does not quote its 3pt lift capacity at 24" so it is hard to compare but it may be greater. With loaders they are close in total weight.

Edit. Definitely go bigger for $2K. Safer.

I was ready to buy the Kioti CK3510 until I came across a used Kioti DK5010.

Enjoy shopping.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti #6  
The two you are looking at left the Kubota and Deere in the dust (less than 1200# loader capacity vs M@1650# or K@1835#). The Kioti has a stronger loader (breakout 3464# vs 2650) and the loader weighs 250# more. Kioti has a bigger hydraulic pump (11.7gpm vs 8gpm).

Be careful only comparing the loader capacity -- you also need to take loader height into account, where the ratings are made. Some brands get knocked because their loader capacity seems lower, but the rating is at a higher max height. Some brands look exceptionally strong but their loaders have a max height well below others.

As I recall, we did a comparison of the Mahindra 1626 and Kubota L3301 loaders, and at the same height they were within 40-50# of each other. On paper the Mahindra looks stronger, but that's only because it's max height is 10-12" lower than Kubota. Drop the Kubota down to that same height and the capacity is nearly the same.

LS has some unbelievably high loader ratings, but they have really stubby loader arms and have a much lower max height than other brands. Looks good on paper if you only consider the capacity number.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti #7  
Buy the dealer more than the tractor. When I bought my Massey, Mahindra dealer was a few blocks away. Sign is still at the crossroads, building is for lease. Massey dealer has been around a long time, will be there if I need their service.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti
Has anyone compared the Mahindra 1626 to the LS XG3025?

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti #9  
I have an 8 month old kioti ck3510hst.

the 'dpf' is a filter in the exhaust, about every 40 hours or so it does a 'regen' to burn out the particulated captured by the filter. You can keep on working, or let it sit (at 2000rpm). takes maybe 10 minutes, has some odor (like any diesel during regen - I drive an IC school bus and get the same smell). Otherwise there is NO odor and just a bit of smoke on sub 15F days upon starting/warmup.

Do some googling - asking around (like here) and see what you find. Locally Kioti has a solid rep - a few owners have had them for 20 years and yet to perform ANY repair at all. Impressive. Online they speak of them the same as kubota.

Mahindra...i've talked to one previous owner - his unit spent more than half of it's first year at the dealer being fixed. Online i've seen multiple threads about issues, wiring/electrical. now some mahindras are mady by tym, some by mahindra..so it may vary by source of the tractor.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs. Kioti #10  
Be careful only comparing the loader capacity -- you also need to take loader height into account, where the ratings are made. Some brands get knocked because their loader capacity seems lower, but the rating is at a higher max height. Some brands look exceptionally strong but their loaders have a max height well below others.

As I recall, we did a comparison of the Mahindra 1626 and Kubota L3301 loaders, and at the same height they were within 40-50# of each other. On paper the Mahindra looks stronger, but that's only because it's max height is 10-12" lower than Kubota. Drop the Kubota down to that same height and the capacity is nearly the same.

LS has some unbelievably high loader ratings, but they have really stubby loader arms and have a much lower max height than other brands. Looks good on paper if you only consider the capacity number.
You make a good point. One has to navigate a wide range of specs from the various manufacturers and some do not compare easily.

Here is what I found for loader capacity.
Kioti Ck3510/KL4010 - 1865#@max ht 98"
Mahindra 1635/1635L - 1650#@max ht 87"
Kubota L3301/LA525 - 1130$@max ht 94"
LS XG3135/LL3111 - 1700@??? (Max ht is 94")

There are many other specs i compared - weight, clearance, stance (rear tires), hyd. capacity, transmission, and so forth. Dealer is a big one. Even the seat adjustments differ greatly. I want to move firewood on pallets (more than 1100Lbs), split wood (12gpm+), be safe on my slopes, etc.
Create a list of the features important to you and let your mouse do the searching.

Has the OP made a decision yet?? Good luck.