Mahindra used parts?

/ Mahindra used parts? #1  

Old Grunt

Tractor
2016 eMAX 25, with the 25L loader, 25B backhoe, 25M belly mower and, a Bercomac front mount snowblower
The used eMax 25 I bought has a few body part issues. The biggest is the hood which is cracked near the mounting hinges and consequently doesn't open properly. I shudder to think what a new hood would cost so before I try a homegrown fix with fiberglass I was wondering if anyone knows of a Mahindra boneyard where there might be used parts.

/ Mahindra used parts? #2  
I bit the bullet and bought a new one. Over $500 after shipping. I was hoping they would have improved it, but nope, it is still the same poor design. I JB welded my old one and it lasted another year, but broke at the hinge mounts again. Did you try fiberglass?

Attachments

• 20230429_075606 (002).jpg
    20230429_075606 (002).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
   / Mahindra used parts? #3  
The 1970's through the 1980's motorcycle fairings and trunks were made of ABS Plastic -- same as Plumber's Pipe Glue. The Pipe Glue is really ABS Plastic dissolved in Acetone: the Acetone evaporates, leaving behind ABS Plastic. I made repairs to around four different vintage fairings and trunks, using Plumber's Pipe Glue; Craig Vetter sold a Hotcha Repair Kit ($$$), but I just used Pipe Glue, at a small fraction of the cost, and it worked flawlessly -- some of my repairs are 8+ years old and still strong and functioning. I sealed the holes with masking tape: after the Glue cured, I removed the tape, which left behind a mildly rough texture. In this case, based on the photo, above, I would reinforce the metal threaded receivers, by adding additional ABS Glue around the, to build up the fixtures, giving them more strength.

The Pipe Glue is always black, by the way, but on the underside of the hood, who cares? It needs to work; beauty is in the eye of the tractor's owner, and functional is the most beautiful thing, to me. :cool:

I would suggest giving Plumber's Pipe Glue a try, before you go with Fiberglass resin. You will know if it works, or not, as soon as it cures: either it will stick, and perform as a plastic weld, or it will not adhere, at all, or very weakly... Cheers!

/ Mahindra used parts? #4  
If you know where it has cracked before, could you reinforce the new one now before the new one has a chance of cracking?