Maiden pull with my new to me trailer

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #1  

joecdeere

Veteran Member
Tractor
1948 Allis UC Hi-Crop Cane 1941 Allis WC 1948 Allis G with loader, 1948 Allis G with dual disc 1948 Allis G 1948 Allis G 1949 Allis G 1954 Allis G 1959 Ferguson TO-35 1972 MF 135 1979 Power King 2418 1989 Ford 345C TLB
This was my first pull with my Allis Cane tractor to our local show Saturday.
A little over 7,000 of tractor and 3,500 of trailer, my 15 year old truck pulled and stopped it well, but this load will only go to very local shows. With my other tractors it has been a BIG improvement over my bumper pull trailer. Just my opinion, but anybody buying or building a trailer without a 8-10,000 lb winch or hydraulic ramps is crazy. I hurt my back on a ramp several years ago, and now just pushing a button and watching them rise is worth every dime and will be more so as I get older.
cummingshow1.jpg

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #2  
Nice setup! A trailer is a nice thing to have. My friends sure love using mine.

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #3  
Nice rig. I'm looking for something like it.
How about giving more info on your truck and trailer?

That AC cane tractor looks nice also. What's the model?

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #4  
Although I have a bumper pull trailer now I have owned a fifth wheel in the past. Fifth wheel trailers are so much nicer to pull. A lot less wear and tear on the truck and the driver. They make the truck ride better and the trailer doesn't "work" the truck like a bumper pull does.

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer
Flusher, the truck is a 95 F-350 w/ 7.3 PowerStroke, the trailer is a 20' long, 102" wide local built K&K Welding MFG trailer, with 2" oak, 9,000 Ramsey winch w/50' remote, full width hydraulic folding 8' long ramps. 7,000 lb Dexter torsion ride axles, brakes on all wheels and full LED lighting. It needs blasting and painting, but no money in the budget this year! The tractor is my baby! 1948 Allis Chalmers UC Thompson Conversion Sugar cane tractor, one of only 1568 made.
show0017.jpg

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #6  
Thanks for the info on your PU and trailer.

That's one sweet tractor restoration.

I'm looking of an AC model B to add to my collection of vintage iron --1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF (currently in pieces for a complete restoration) and a 1964 MF-135 diesel. Hope to find one next year.

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer
   / Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #8  
Thanks, I wish it looked that good up close, the restoration was done by the previous owner in the late 80's, it really needs a good bit of work as all the original rawhide seals are gone and leaks everywhere, but due to the size of this ole girl, fixing it's problems will have to wait on better times and a much bigger shop!

my toys - Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

pictures from the show - Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
Great looking pictures, guess i didn't know how many different types of tractors were made back then. Never been to a "tractor show" but will keep my eyes open for one in my area. Thanks for sharing.
brian

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #9  
Thanks, I wish it looked that good up close, the restoration was done by the previous owner in the late 80's, it really needs a good bit of work as all the original rawhide seals are gone and leaks everywhere, but due to the size of this ole girl, fixing it's problems will have to wait on better times and a much bigger shop!

my toys - Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

pictures from the show - Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Enjoyed your slides.
Looks like you have a considerable backlog of old iron that I assume you plan to refurbish/restore.
Same here. My current project is a 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor (27 hp Hercules gas engine). It's completely disassembled now.

DSCF0067 (Small).JPG

DSCF0069 (Small).JPG

The engine was rebuilt last summer. I'm spray painting parts now. Hope to have it back together early next year.

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #10  
1948 Allis Chalmers UC Thompson Conversion Sugar cane tractor, one of only 1568 made.
When I first saw this thread, I thought, "7,000#? Really? That tractor doesn't look THAT big..."

Then I saw the picture. Not so much big, as being chisled out of one single ingot of iron! Get in soft ground and I'll be those front wheels are tillers as much as anything else!

And as a nice middle-finger to OSHA, I love the power take-off just below your right foot. I'm sure that does well to spin an un-guarded 6" wide belt or two. Ahhhhh to live in (through) those different times. Now we need Congressional approval to drink strong coffee.

Very pretty tractor. And glad to hear about the ramps...something to think about.