Maintaining turf in a high traffic and flood area

/ Maintaining turf in a high traffic and flood area #1  

Komrade

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 HST
Can anybody share suggestions for high traffic areas and maintaining grass/turf?
Flood area, so carpets are not a good option.. Stone will likely get washed away too.. Last year we randomly mulched, unfortunately if floods don't take care of washing it away, sometimes heavy rains can.
I am thinking of leveling the grounds a little better, and using a grass protection mesh. If I level and need fast results I may need to buy sod, and mess may protect from it washing away.. Wonder how expensive that would get.
The area is high traffic because it's a picnic/camping area, used commercially on a bank of a mountain river.

/ Maintaining turf in a high traffic and flood area #2  
Not sure exactly what you're dealing with but I've had success in flood areas of farmlands with tall turf fescues. They have incredibly deep roots and one former had to use a backhoe to dig out a drain tile from deep and entangled roots. Seasonal flooding was no problem and stayed put.

As I last resort, I might used Kentucky 31 tall fescue. Roots seem to go to China and it has held hard slopes and rushing seasonal water. Both wear like iron. Sod would be gone first rain.

Just something FYI to think about.