Major Breakdown On The Farm

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Normally I hang out in the haying section of the forums, but thought this belonged here.

My oldest boy and I were both involved in a major breakdown on the farm.

The video shows it all...

Enjoy!

i'm guessing dad is the banjo player? just a guess

that's some fine pickin!

The IBMA is in Raleigh NC right now. Been going on for a few days, annual event.

What's that?

The International Bluegrass Music Awards......like the oscars or grammys for bluegrass.

In that world, it's a big deal. The 2 names that jumped out at me were Bela Fleck on banjo and Jerry Douglas on dobro but......i guarantee you, many of the worlds best musicians are in Raleigh today.

OP
L

leeave96

Bronze Member
Tractor
Wheelhorse 520H & 314-8
Thx for watching. Yes - I’m the dad. Very familiar with the IBMA since it’s inception. I think it was originally held in Owensboro KY. Being in my 4th quarter and a relic, I’m still glued to Monroe, Flatt, Scruggs, The Stanley Brothers, Reno and Smiley...:)

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Thx for watching. Yes - I’m the dad. Very familiar with the IBMA since it’s inception. I think it was originally held in Owensboro KY. Being in my 4th quarter and a relic, I’m still glued to Monroe, Flatt, Scruggs, The Stanley Brothers, Reno and Smiley...:)
Yea, in my mind bluegrass is about the musicians, not so much the singers although the stanley brothers are/were something.

Nice you can play with your son, mines a drummer and that's tuff!

I can play a little 5 string banjo but my hearing is so messed up the twang of the banjo gets to me after a while.

I guess Bela Fleck is the premiere banjo player of our time?

Here is my favorite banjo song, it's a little different.

Last edited:

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Normally I hang out in the haying section of the forums, but thought this belonged here.

Enjoy!

Some good pickin' there, Dad! I learned to play the banjo somewhat many years ago; even played in a little Bluegrass band for a while...but once I started to law school I haven't picked it up in 40 years. Doubt if I could even tune it today.

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
That was truly enjoyable. Mighty fine pickin' ........

Steppenwolfe

Tractor
Kubota MX5400, ZD 331, L3301, 1140 RTV, KX 71

Enjoy!

Man... that is good. Ya'll ought to head down to the Floyd Country Store some Friday night.

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
Reminds of when I would go to a good Bluegrass bar in central FL in the 70's. Good times.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
i'm guessing dad is the banjo player? just a guess

that's some fine pickin!

The IBMA is in Raleigh NC right now. Been going on for a few days, annual event.

What's that?

The International Bluegrass Music Awards......like the oscars or grammys for bluegrass.

In that world, it's a big deal. The 2 names that jumped out at me were Bela Fleck on banjo and Jerry Douglas on dobro but......i guarantee you, many of the worlds best musicians are in Raleigh today.

Yep, know some that went.

Nice pickin.

Last edited: