Major Breakdown On The Farm

/ Major Breakdown On The Farm #1  

leeave96

Silver Member
Tractor
Wheelhorse 520H & 314-8
Normally I hang out in the haying section of the forums, but thought this belonged here.

My oldest boy and I were both involved in a major breakdown on the farm.

The video shows it all...

Enjoy!

/ Major Breakdown On The Farm #2  
Normally I hang out in the haying section of the forums, but thought this belonged here.

Enjoy!

i'm guessing dad is the banjo player? just a guess

that's some fine pickin!

The IBMA is in Raleigh NC right now. Been going on for a few days, annual event.

What's that?

The International Bluegrass Music Awards......like the oscars or grammys for bluegrass.

In that world, it's a big deal. The 2 names that jumped out at me were Bela Fleck on banjo and Jerry Douglas on dobro but......i guarantee you, many of the worlds best musicians are in Raleigh today.

/ Major Breakdown On The Farm
Thx for watching. Yes - I’m the dad. Very familiar with the IBMA since it’s inception. I think it was originally held in Owensboro KY. Being in my 4th quarter and a relic, I’m still glued to Monroe, Flatt, Scruggs, The Stanley Brothers, Reno and Smiley...:)

/ Major Breakdown On The Farm #4  
Thx for watching. Yes - I’m the dad. Very familiar with the IBMA since it’s inception. I think it was originally held in Owensboro KY. Being in my 4th quarter and a relic, I’m still glued to Monroe, Flatt, Scruggs, The Stanley Brothers, Reno and Smiley...:)
Yea, in my mind bluegrass is about the musicians, not so much the singers although the stanley brothers are/were something.

Nice you can play with your son, mines a drummer and that's tuff!

I can play a little 5 string banjo but my hearing is so messed up the twang of the banjo gets to me after a while.

I guess Bela Fleck is the premiere banjo player of our time?

Here is my favorite banjo song, it's a little different.

Last edited:
   / Major Breakdown On The Farm #5  

Enjoy!

Some good pickin' there, Dad! I learned to play the banjo somewhat many years ago; even played in a little Bluegrass band for a while...but once I started to law school I haven't picked it up in 40 years. Doubt if I could even tune it today.

/ Major Breakdown On The Farm #6  
That was truly enjoyable. Mighty fine pickin' ........

/ Major Breakdown On The Farm #8  

Enjoy!

Man... that is good. Ya'll ought to head down to the Floyd Country Store some Friday night.

/ Major Breakdown On The Farm #9  
Reminds of when I would go to a good Bluegrass bar in central FL in the 70's. Good times.

/ Major Breakdown On The Farm #10  
i'm guessing dad is the banjo player? just a guess

that's some fine pickin!

The IBMA is in Raleigh NC right now. Been going on for a few days, annual event.

What's that?

The International Bluegrass Music Awards......like the oscars or grammys for bluegrass.

In that world, it's a big deal. The 2 names that jumped out at me were Bela Fleck on banjo and Jerry Douglas on dobro but......i guarantee you, many of the worlds best musicians are in Raleigh today.

Yep, know some that went.

Nice pickin.

Last edited: