MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ????

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #1  

Charolais

Platinum Member
Tractor
Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100, Stoll loader, bucket, forks & root grapple
Saw this on Trucks (Spike TV). Here's the link: <font color="blue"> Click Here </font>

Anyone know where one of these may be in use?

MikePA: Cleaned up long URL. Please review your message before posting it. It's simple not to do this. Just insert a descriptive word or two between the {url=http://whatever}<font color="red">Enter words here</font>{/url} instead of the entire URL. Replace parentheses with brackets in previous example.

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #2  
I'd like to try one of those, but for 3 or 4 grand I guess I'll have to pass. I have a feeling that if this catches on, the "free" cooking oil will dissapear, negating much of the cost savings.

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #3  
I saw it on "Trucks" this weekend. The initial investment seems like alot $3-4 grand. And it looks like alot of work. They said if you get the oil free it costs you about 70 cents per gallon to make.
If the initial investment is $3000 and supplies are $.70 per gallon and diesel is selling for example at $2.15 You would need to produce 2069 gallons before you broke even!

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a feeling that if this catches on, the "free" cooking oil will dissapear )</font>

RedRocker,
You know this outfit would be right up someone's alley who happens to own a chain of greasy spoon restaurants. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #5  
SO VERY GALD YOU DID THE MATH FOR ME!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif for the average user it is not practicle.

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #6  
GeneD14, at 10 gal per week that's just about 4 years. However, if you also drove a diesel truck could you use it in it?. And, since diesel is fuel oil could you heat your house with it? If so, then it becomes very fast payback.

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #7  
The trick setup would be a group of about 4 guys where at least one of them owns a chain of chinese restaurants, they have the best oil. Then the cost is about 1 grand and a sure supply of oil. Good luck finding that deal. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #8  
Not to put words in Gene's mouth but I think the point is if the oil is free and it only cost $0.70 a gal to manufacture (the web site says 'as low as $0.70', that means more than $0.70), it will be 2069 gallons to payback. He also hit on supply/demand. When you are the only one a the local Micky D's looking for oil it may be free. When the second person asks for it the oil becomes something for sale, no longer free.

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #9  
GeneD14,

I saw it this weekend too. They made you believe it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it is interesting how they left the price out of that segment.

BTW; I am like Frank. Thanks for doing the math; it makes my head ache /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

Fig

/ MAKE YOUR OWN diesel FUEL ???? #10  
If I owned a restuarant it would sound pretty good.
If I had to go get oil at the local greasy spoon I bet I wouldn't make it home without it tipping over in the bed of the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Yikes!