"Man killed when tractor drives over him"

/ "Man killed when tractor drives over him" #2  
I just have to wonder if he had disabled the neutral safety switch? It obviously cranked up in gear. Maybe it was an old tractor that didn't have that feature?

/ "Man killed when tractor drives over him" #3  
This spring we had a farmer had a heart attack and fell off the tractor and it ran over him. they found the tractor 4 miles away stuck in a ditch. it kept going until something stopped it.

/ "Man killed when tractor drives over him" #6  
This spring we had a farmer had a heart attack and fell off the tractor and it ran over him. they found the tractor 4 miles away stuck in a ditch. it kept going until something stopped it.
Back in the 50's my grandpa fell from his tractor, broke his hip, lost his sense of smell, and eventually died from lack of appetite.

/ "Man killed when tractor drives over him" #7  
Im gonna keep my tractor out of gear when im under it.
larry

/ "Man killed when tractor drives over him" #8  
We had a similar accident here a few ago. In this case the guy was racking hay and his tractor just quit. It had done this all summer because some was in the fuel tank and when it bounced just right it shut off the fuel. Also he had to start it using a screwdriver to short across the starter solenoid. He jumped off leaving it in gear and jumped the start, it started right up and the rack is what ran over him. He is still alive today but he requires constant care. The morale is fix what is wrong and don't jury rig. Farming is a dangerous business without adding more to it.

/ "Man killed when tractor drives over him" #9  
I had a friend get run over year before last by a MF TO-30. He stopped to move something in his sloped yard and it started rolling, he tried to catch it and the back tire knocked him down and went over him(up his right side, missing his head). He was very sore, very bruised and has a new respect for tractors.;) He says if it happens again he will just stand and wave goodbye.:p
The summer before that another local man was run over by a tractor when he reached over from the back to move the 3 pt lever with the tractor sitting there idling. It was an IH 6?? and he was on the wrong side, the lever was the shifter and it popped back into reverse. He was killed.

/ "Man killed when tractor drives over him" #10  
A man was killed a few days ago here when his tractor rolled back on him while he was pulling a tree out of the ground. No real description of how it happened, but it sounds like the tractor torqued backwards end over end on him as he made the pull. He had pulled some smaller trees already and this one was bigger than the others. There was no indication whether the tractor had a ROPS system.
These events are so tragic--they happen so suddenly and without warning.