Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears

/ Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears #1  

slimpy01

Tractor
MF 2607H
I have a Masey Ferguson 2607H with 25hrs on it. I have attached a 3-point attached backhoe and that works fine for digging. The backoe is PTO driven, no other hydraulic connections.

The levers for moving the 3-point attachment are not touched, i am sitting on the backhoe and suddenly but the Ferguson decides to move the lower 3-point hitch arms up and get stuck.

After this event, there is also a weird rotating sound coming
from the Hydraulics.'

reading on the internet I discovered It looks like it has something to do with the control valve.

When I decouple the 3-point attachment by using brute force to knock out the bolts then the weird sound is gone and I can move the 3-point attachment again.

Does anybody have any idea what causes this tractor behavior and how to resolve this when it is stuck?

kind regards

Last edited:
   / Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears #2  
Does back hoe run off the tractor hydraulics? If yes how many hose are connected between the tractor and back hoe?

/ Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears
I have attached some pictures. Can you please elaborate öldnsio about your remark regarding natural stupidity ? Your remark must mean that you know the cause right? Or is it that someone has belittled you and you feel like you must do it back to somebody to feel better, I am just making you aware of your own character flaws so that you can change into a better human being.

/ Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears #4  
Oldnslo is one of the sharpest hydraulic guys on this forum asking you a important question to help you fix your issue. With 25hrs I suggest see your dealer.

/ Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears #5  
I have attached some pictures. Can you please elaborate öldnsio about your remark regarding natural stupidity ? Your remark must mean that you know the cause right? Or is it that someone has belittled you and you feel like you must do it back to somebody to feel better, I am just making you aware of your own character flaws so that you can change into a better human being.
That was not a comment directed at you. It's part of his signature here and is an anonymous quote that you find on motivational poster sites. Anonymous Quote: “Artificial intelligence can never beat natural stupidity.”

It was not intended to be personal. His question is an honest attempt to gain more info so he can give you a more clear answer.

/ Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears #6  
Slimpy
I was employed by a company that spent a lot of time and money on research and development of Artificial Intelligence technology and my signature was a very common saying at that company and is targeted at no one.

I have an idea on the possibly reason your tractor 3 point is malfunctioning which I why I asked about where the hoe receives it oil from. If from the tractor I would suspect that the hoe valve is plumbed incorrectly.

I do not see any pictures.

like K5 suggests at those low hours could be best to contact dealer.

/ Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears
Well, as AI is being fed by human guideline decissions and mankind does not always make sane decissions then I am pretty sure that AI can beat human stupidity. But enough about this. Thank you for the explanation.

The backhoe is PTO driven. No oil connections.

/ Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears #8  
Make sure you have the lock on the draft control. It could be possible that the backhoe is pushing the top link bracket in and therefore activating the draft control which will raise the 3 pt.

For more info on the lock of the draft control, I suggest that you check out the manual as every tractor is a little bit different even though the principle is the same.

/ Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears #9  
If PTO driven then I would suspect feed back position linkage on 3 point valve could require adjustment and or draft control if that model tractor has draft control. Both are items dealer should address.

3 point hoe can put excess strain on 3 point arms causing linkage to require adjustment vs “standard” 3 point implement being pulled with arms lowered.

/ Masey Ferguson 2607H decides by itself to lift 3 point hitch attachment and strange noise appears #10  
Is this truly a 3PH backhoe on such a modern machine?
What is the model of the backhoe?

IF it is indeed a 3PH backhoe, if the tractor has draft control that would be my first thought as well. Using the backhoe is triggering the draft control which is doing what it is supposed to....which is raising the hitch if too much draft resistance is encountered.