massey 35 seat upgrade?

/ massey 35 seat upgrade? #1  

jiminpa

Bronze Member
Tractor
massy 35 diesel
got tired of that steel pan seat. whats a good way to upgrade to something more comfy?

/ massey 35 seat upgrade? #2  
got tired of that steel pan seat. what's a good way to upgrade to something more comfy?

I bought one of these. There about 100 bucks and have a spring loaded seat that's adjustable by your weight.
There Are slotted hoes that allowed it to bolt directly to the original bolt holes. The mounting base is longer than the original and it is a little close to the top link clevice at the rear of the base. I'm going to put a 2" spacer under it to raise it to clear.
I'm just under 6' and I like the fact that it raises me up a little so my legs are a little more stretched out. There are a lot of companies selling them in various styles that appear to have th4 same base.
I haven't had much seat time yet due to rebuilding the engine but it has more back support. In the pan seat my legs were at 90 degrees at the knee. Tractorbynet may sell them.
It also slides back giving more leg room climbing on.
I can get a photo where it bolts on my 203 tomorrow if you would like.
With a rusted out seat pan I was going to have to spend about $160 on the original style pan and pad.
s-l300.jpg

/ massey 35 seat upgrade?
where did you get it at? or maker?

/ massey 35 seat upgrade? #4  
The MF35 came with cushions on the pan. I got tired of sitting on the pan, and bought the bottom and backrest cushions on Amazon, don't remember the vendor.
I have bought several items from Yesterday's Tractors, I would check with them as well.

/ massey 35 seat upgrade?
my pan is shot as well. tired of the 2 screws that hold the rubber stops pinching my legs.

/ massey 35 seat upgrade? #8  
I am in the same boat, I just put a feed sack in the pan and an old throw pillow from the wife as my "seat cushion" LOL.

/ massey 35 seat upgrade? #9  
They make similar seats with side bolsters too. I dont know how practical or comfortable that would be. Ive seen them at tractor dealerships and farm and garden stores for around $100.

View attachment 661572