Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic hose

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic hose #1  

masseytx

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 250
I have a steering hose with a small pinhole causing a leak. When replacing these, is the engine being off and the implement on the ground acceptable for all pressure release? Or do the lines still have some psi that needs to be released?

I've looked at the operators manual and service manual, the internet, and just can't confirm anything.

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic hose #2  
Yes - always lower everything (collapse all cylinders). Then just loosen the nut on the hose you are removing a little bit slowly to let any remaining pressure escape. Shouldn't be much. The pinhole probably has released any pressure in that hose anyway.

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic hose #3  
You won't have any problem with pressure, but a little oil may come out.

I had to replace both hoses to the steering cylinder on my rotary cutter tractor this last week, it surprised me how much they cost me to have them made!

Of course, I didn't use any cheapo china parts either...

SR

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic hose
Yes - always lower everything (collapse all cylinders). Then just loosen the nut on the hose you are removing a little bit slowly to let any remaining pressure escape. Shouldn't be much. The pinhole probably has released any pressure in that hose anyway.
Ok good to know..I appreciate it

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic hose
You won't have any problem with pressure, but a little oil may come out.

I had to replace both hoses to the steering cylinder on my rotary cutter tractor this last week, it surprised me how much they cost me to have them made!

Of course, I didn't use any cheapo china parts either...

SR
I'm scared. How much were they each?

This tractor (newly aquired) is for brush hogging and the hydraulics on the steering seem very exposed. I can see them easily getting punctured (as tough as they are) and its probably how this happened. I may look into wrapping some flexible conduit on the lines there or something

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic hose #6  
Mine were 50 bucks ea., but they have a banjo fitting on one end, no one carries banjo fittings.

SR