Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer

/ Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer #11  
Pulling from the rear draw pin, just put the loader in float. Pulling front the front frame, place chain under the bucket. Loader in float, the arms/bucket will rise as you pull. As long as the cutting edge doesn't bite into anything, the bucket should just slide along. Removing the bucket isn't necessary.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer #12  
Can you not unhook the hydraulic hoses and bleed off the pressure so you can move the FEL. Jack it up a bit or connect it to the winch...it should move freely with no hydraulic pressure.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer
First of all, thanks to all who replied. Since I am not close to the tractor to experiment, I don't know how to put the tractor into float using the joystick. Can someone explain to me in very simple terms, how to put the tractor into float, keeping in mind that the tractor does not run. Thanks.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer #14  
Not all loader valves have float. But if it does, you should be able to push the joystick all the way forward and feel a detent. The lever will stay up. This is float and does not require the tractor to be running. Now the fluid in the cylinders can have a path back to tank allowing the cylinders to retract when you jack or lift the loader up.

If it does not have float, use a bungee cord to hold the lever down as in raising the loader and that will allow fluid to go back to tank while lifting the loader.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer #15  
I would try and start the tractor, clicking, as said, is usually just a connection, jumper from new battery to hot side of starter and battery ground to frame. Make sure in neutral, with brake set.

Failing starting the tractor, crack the hoses, and pull tractor backwards on to trailer. bucket will lightly drag.

Best,

ed

• Good Post
   / Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer #16  
The GC2300 has float, as K5lwq posted, push the lever all the way forward, you push past a resistance point (detent) and the joystick will stay in place. There will be no hydraulics preventing the loader arms from lowering or raising due to jacking or gravity.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer #17  
Tractor is located approx 150 miles from me and I need to trailer it to my home. Tractor will not start so use of hydraulics is out and no other tractor available to switch hydraulics. When trying to start all I get is a rapid clicking, which from reading other post here, indicates a short somewhere or bad starter. I have tried new battery and also jumper cables from my truck.
To solve my problem, I need to get this tractor loaded on a trailer, but with bucket on ground I just don't know how to do it. My immediate question is can I remove the four pins which hold bucket to FEL and have clearance between the arms and ground or will the arms drop to ground once the pins are removed. Any and all advice appreciated.
I had a safety switch hang up so I was dead in the water. GC1705 with FEL tiller on the rear. 72 years and a 4000lb come a long and a couple hours it was back up on the trailer

/ Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer #18  
Several good points above. Assuming your trailer is long enough to avoid loader clearance issues, just winch it on backwards. Lift the loader using a come-along if need be between the ROPS and the front tip of the bucket. Then support it with something (like a good heavy rope) not so much to hold it up but to miinimize the drop force onto the trailer rear gate if it needs to be there.
I would not give up starting it first !! As others said, clean and retighten the ground strap at the frame first. Of course check the battery connections and clean them if need be. Use your jumper cables. A clip lead from the positive jumper cable to the solenoid may get the solenoid to engage as it would on many tractors. I'd spend a lot of time trying to get it running before I'd try any of these other "dead movement" solutions. Be sure to take jumper cables, clip leads, wrenches, wire brush, sandpaper, etc. on that trip. I would also bet that SOMEONE nearby the tractor could assist getting it started if you leave plenty of time to hunt around for help, etc. Good luck. Let us know the outcome.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer
All great advice. I am planning on making the trip next week, weather permitting. I will definitely try starting first, but I took the ground cable off and cleaned last trip, but that did not help, will try again. I am putting my tools together now, but invariably there will be something I missed. Thanks everyone for the advice and I will post my results next week.

• Good Post
   / Massey Ferguson GC2300 Need Advice on Loading on trailer #20  
Just for clarification, the rapid clicking you hear when trying to start, is it the electric fuel pump or from the starter?