Massey Ferguson GC2610 TLB Battery problem, need help.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2610 TLB Battery problem, need help. #1  

Nolin harley

Tractor
2013 Massege furguson gc2610 TLB
Bought a new battery for my 2013 MF GC2610 and after installing the battery, battery light stay on and after 2 or 3 times of using the tractor, battery dies. Seen a youtube video that said pulled the ground wire off while it's running and if it stayed running it's not the alternator. Any idea would be highly appreciated, what else can i look for. Thank you in advance.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2610 TLB Battery problem, need help. #2  
Sounds like your alternator is not putting out.
Lifting either battery cable while an engine is running is asking for problems.
Just use a voltmeter and check your voltage while at rest and running.
But, I expect your alternator or wiring is bad.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2610 TLB Battery problem, need help. #3  
Fully charged good battery should test 12.6-13.2 volts at rest. Proper operating alternator should show 14.2 volts at battery after warmup with engine running.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2610 TLB Battery problem, need help.
Fully charged good battery should test 12.6-13.2 volts at rest. Proper operating alternator should show 14.2 volts at battery after warmup with engine running.
It doesn't show 14.2volts

Bought a new battery for my 2013 MF GC2610 and after installing the battery, battery light stay on and after 2 or 3 times of using the tractor, battery dies. Seen a youtube video that said pulled the ground wire off while it's running and if it stayed running it's not the alternator. Any idea would be highly appreciated, what else can i look for. Thank you in advance.
Sounds like your alternator is not putting out.
Lifting either battery cable while an engine is running is asking for problems.
Just use a voltmeter and check your voltage while at rest and running.
But, I expect your alternator or wiring is bad.
Thank you very much, will check.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2610 TLB Battery problem, need help. #6  
Nolin when you checked the voltage running did it show 12.6-13.2 volts? If so your alternator is not recharging your battery. Possibly a wiring or voltage regulator problem, or bad alternator if regulator is internal. The regulator monitors battery voltage and directs current to battery when needed.

Nolin when you checked the voltage running did it show 12.6-13.2 volts? If so your alternator is not recharging your battery. Possibly a wiring or voltage regulator problem, or bad alternator if regulator is internal. The regulator monitors battery voltage and directs current to battery when needed.
It only show's 12.something. I do think the voltage regulator is in the alternator. Thank you.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2610 TLB Battery problem, need help. #8  
When alternators first became common, most shade tree mechanics knew that you should not disconnect the battery while the motor is running. There was a high likelihood it would fry the alternator. Don't know if that has changed.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2610 TLB Battery problem, need help. #9  
I would check wiring from alternator to battery including grounds. If that all is good probably time to replace alternator or have it rebuilt.

When alternators first became common, most shade tree mechanics knew that you should not disconnect the battery while the motor is running. There was a high likelihood it would fry the alternator. Don't know if that has cha