Massey GC1725M - will a snow blower be productive with this?

/ Massey GC1725M - will a snow blower be productive with this? #1  

clydesdale

Bronze Member
This would be to do several driveways in one area. The machine will have a heated cab. Can this sized tractor and blower handle northeast snowfalls? Any other thoughts on the machine in general?

/ Massey GC1725M - will a snow blower be productive with this? #2  
I haven't lived in the northeast, so I don't really know how much snow you might be talking about. I've heard of places like Buffalo, NY getting feet of snow in one storm. I generally figure on 1hp per 2 inches of snowblower width for up to 12" of wet heavy snow working out pretty well going slow. Is this a front mount blower or on the rear?

/ Massey GC1725M - will a snow blower be productive with this? #3  
I live in the North East. We typically get wet heavy snow..Which is less than favorable for snow blowers. I have a Cat 246 standard flow skid steer...I tried a blower on it in 6-7" of snow..It sucked. I had to go so slow for it not to clog that I think I could have shoveled it faster.

/ Massey GC1725M - will a snow blower be productive with this? #4  
This would be to do several driveways in one area. The machine will have a heated cab. Can this sized tractor and blower handle northeast snowfalls? Any other thoughts on the machine in general?
What kind of blower are you talking about? Front or rear PTO?
I cannot comment on the front blower they make for these.
I have a rear facing Woods SB54S on mine.
I live in the NE. I would consider last year an "average" year. Plenty of snow and wind. We get 2+ feet of snow at a time and the wind can make 6+ foot drifts. The blower chewed through any snow I put it to last year. Although there were a couple of times I needed to pull down the drifts with my bucket so that I could blow the snow away. It will easily go through up to 3+ feet of snow.
I would say yes, this tractor is very capable of handling NE snow, yes, you will need to slow down when it is heavy or deep.

Last edited:
   / Massey GC1725M - will a snow blower be productive with this? #5  
48" rear blower, drifts over 40" no problem, HST allows you to match speed to conditions.

Heated cab would be wonderful, but spend the extra and get a front blower. By the time auxiliary controls are added to a rear blower, the cost becomes a lot closer.

Attachments

• SB.jpg
    SB.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 61