Massey Harris MH-50???

/ Massey Harris MH-50??? #1  

77transam

Silver Member
Anybody know anything about these? We think it's a late 40's/early 50's. Any suggested websites/links would be greatly appreciated!:D Thanks, David

Attachments

• IMG_8559.JPG
    IMG_8559.JPG
    478.4 KB · Views: 829
  • IMG_8560.JPG
    IMG_8560.JPG
    476.4 KB · Views: 2,330
  • IMG_8539.JPG
    IMG_8539.JPG
    506.4 KB · Views: 1,054
  • IMG_8565.JPG
    IMG_8565.JPG
    489.1 KB · Views: 1,303
   / Massey Harris MH-50??? #2  
What are you wanting to know about it?

/ Massey Harris MH-50???
Parts availability, specs, production #s, correct paint colors, etc....It's going to be a restoration project and I'm trying to get any information I can to keep it as original as possible. Anything I can learn will help as I don't know much about these models.:confused2:

/ Massey Harris MH-50??? #4  
from what Iknow.. which ain't much.. the mh50 was based on a fergy to 35.. and really.. is similar to a f40 in not a clone.. it was made near the ferguson massey harris merger.

a quick search on parts shows major things like cranksahfts and cam / gears are available..

soudnguy

/ Massey Harris MH-50??? #6  
don't thank me. those lil tidbits are far from the real info you are asking about. If I was serious about that model or make.. I'd get a reprint service manual and start internet searching parts and see what hits you get.. then you will know what kind of a job it will be.

I'm a ford guy myself. only reason I know anything about MH is because of the ferguson 'link' , as ferguson had dealings with ford as well.

good luck

soundguy

/ Massey Harris MH-50??? #7  
   / Massey Harris MH-50??? #9  
Sorry for the late post; haven't been in the site for awhile.
I've got a factory manual for a MF50C tractor/loader/backhoe, if that's your unit (I'm not familiar with MH/MF designations) $10 USD (altho nowadays maybe Swiss francs might be better) plus mailing (probably 2-3 Media Mail). Engine section is for Perkins A4.236 Direct Injection. Email Bud pitybud@msn.com.

/ Massey Harris MH-50??? #10  
Anybody know anything about these? We think it's a late 40's/early 50's. Any suggested websites/links would be greatly appreciated!:D Thanks, David

I have an MH 50 and a book to tell the year if you can email me the serial number off the engine. I do know they only made the MH50 two years before changing to MF50, and that was 1956 and 1957. My email is lwpierce52@yahoo.com. Send me the numbers and I'll check it out for you. You can go to www.steinertractors.com and also get some info on it. They sell the book if I remember right. I did a google search to find info when I first started looking. I"m getting mine ready to restore. STill runs good but I want it back to the correct colors instead of All red. LOL. Have a great day. Larry

PS....there are lots of parts still out there so don't fret the availability of them. I've purchased parts for mine online and about the only thing I had trouble with was the rearend housing and the carburetor kit. Most of them had the Marvel Schebler carb while mine has the Carter. They do make the kits and replacements carbs though.

Last edited: