Massey warranty

/ Massey warranty #1  

Mike rich

Tractor
2650HD
Does the warranty work, include travel time for mechanic to tractor. Or does dealer charge for that.

/ Massey warranty #2  
I have always brought my tractor to the dealership. so that I'm not sure of ?

/ Massey warranty #3  
Does the warranty work, include travel time for mechanic to tractor. Or does dealer charge for that.
Warranty reimburses the dealer for covered repairs, parts and labor. Excluding fluids or filters. Any mechanic travel expense, transport expense, work or repairs done OTHER than the covered repairs, are between you and the dealer. Those costs will vary from one dealer to another.

/ Massey warranty #4  
I don't know about Massey. The dealer for Kubota - in Spokane - sent his mechanic out to fix one item on my M6040. He told me that the warranty covered travel time. They came out a second time to do a warranty upgrade rather than me having to bring the tractor into their shop.

The fix would have been a real lop-sided bill. A $0.35 part - five minuets to do the job - an hour travel time each way.

No - I do not "shop around" for better prices on tractors or implements. My experiences show that staying with a local dealership has definite advantages.

/ Massey warranty #5  
I've had warranty work done twice. Once they came to me and the other time they picked up the tractor and returned it 2 days later. No charge for any of it. I have no idea if it's a Massey thing or a dealer thing.

/ Massey warranty #6  
I suppose it depends on the dealer. Years ago when I was shopping around, one dealer said (although maybe he misspoke, dunno) trailer pickup/delivery for warranty repair would be included.

/ Massey warranty #7  
My family owns a dealership. I can confirm Massey Ferguson does not cover travel time or mileage. But what can you do on a brand new tractor? To be a good dealer we have to just eat that expense.

/ Massey warranty #8  
My family owns a dealership. I can confirm Massey Ferguson does not cover travel time or mileage. But what can you do on a brand new tractor? To be a good dealer we have to just eat that expense.
That's the kind of dealer that gains your respect and keeps you loyal to them. I bought a new backhoe a while back for my tractor. So my local dealer (Northshore Tractor, Echo Bay) came to pick my tractor up at my house, 1.5 hours each way, and then brought it back when the backhoe was installed. They even brought an enclosed trailer when I told them I didn't want my tractor on the highway in the winter with the road salt on the roads.

But now because of that kind of service, I buy all my filters and oil, implements, push mower, weed eaters, chainsaws....even my shop vacs from them.