masssey ferguson 40b

/ masssey ferguson 40b #1  

01hunter570

Bronze Member
we got 3 ft of snow here the other day and while i was plowing with my 40b with loader i encountered a problem. four of the six front wheel bolts apparently came out the other two stayed and when i turned the steering the wheel came off the hub with the two remaining wheel bolts tearing a section out of the wheel itself. i have searched the internet without much luck to find if the wheel bolts and wheel may be interchangable with some other massey ferguson tractors. i also have a 202 massey and am trying the wheel from that to try and get it back home but i don't want to ruin this wheel as well. i also need to find some wheel bolts to fit it as the 202 uses studs and a nut any info from the knowledgeable people on here would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance, 01hunter570

/ masssey ferguson 40b
found front wheel for my 40b at yesterdays tractor however they didn't carry the wheel bolts. broke out my parts manual and found the parts no. for the wheel bolts. hopefully will be able to order them thru massey ferguson dealer. thank you for the replies 01hunterr570