max 26, cruise control not holding.

/ max 26, cruise control not holding. #1  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
my cruise control lock for my hst will not hold my tractor pedal down all the way to the floor, it slowly lets it backup to about 3/4 pedal, which unfortunately is not fast enough for some of the work I do. does anyone know if there is an adjustment?

/ max 26, cruise control not holding.
can anyone at least confirm if they can keep the pedal on the floor,and lock it and it stays?

/ max 26, cruise control not holding. #3  
I would estimate that mine will drop off to about 80-90% of full speed. I typically only use it when traveling about 2 miles on the road to get to the family farm. Haven't tried to adjust, but I have read on here that it is a common issue.

thanks for letting me know, i googled a bunch and didn't see the comment

@DavesTractor would you happen to know if there is an adjustment?

I would estimate that mine will drop off to about 80-90% of full speed. I typically only use it when traveling about 2 miles on the road to get to the family farm. Haven't tried to adjust, but I have read on here that it is a common issue.

I appreciate this info. I reworked the creeping on my hst yesterday, and realized that it is working properly it prolly holds perfect at 95%, maybe the bouncing was causing it come up a bit.

@tmcj @doneill127 @BlackOps
I am going to ask a huge favor, do you have the air filter housing where there is a screw in the middle instead of a latch on both sides?

if you do would you be willing to open it up and take pictures of both side of where the filter compresses in the housing (the clean side). I bought this machine and the intake was full of dust, i thought a filter had ripped. but i replaced the filter and cleaned everything but after 15 hours of road grading, it appears the clean side of the housing has yet again a light film of dust again, which is really concerning.

Last edited:
   / max 26, cruise control not holding. #6  
I had to adjust my cruise control on my Max. The trim ring has to be removed at the base of the hood which involves 2 bolts near the top and 2 near the bottom that are under rubber plugs. After this you can pull up the grey panel to gain access to the adjustment nut. The nut compresses a spring that compresses a friction mechanism. It's a great tractor by the way.

/ max 26, cruise control not holding. #7  
Interesting...I've had that panel off several times and never took notice to this adjustment. I'll have to look into it again sometime.

I had to adjust my cruise control on my Max. The trim ring has to be removed at the base of the hood which involves 2 bolts near the top and 2 near the bottom that are under rubber plugs. After this you can pull up the grey panel to gain access to the adjustment nut. The nut compresses a spring that compresses a friction mechanism. It's a great tractor by the way.
are you talking about cruise control, or the throttle control? i have adjusted the throttle control.

/ max 26, cruise control not holding. #9  
Cruise control

/ max 26, cruise control not holding. #10  
I correct myself, it was the throttle control. I loosened the nut/spring mechanism so that the throttle lever would move easier. But I also adjusted the cruise control lever but don't recall exactly how I did that without actually looking at it. It was some time ago that it was done. Thanks for catching this. There may be a nut/rod adjustment.