Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors #1  

VEGGIEFARMING18

Tractor
5100 MH
Hi I had a Max mileage fuel additive from Pittsburgh Power Representative talk to me. He deals the stuff mainly in trucks and says it’s helps reduce regens, reduce def usage and usually gain some fuel efficiency also. Just wondering if anyone has used it in tractors and if you saw a response or not?

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors #2  
Never heard of it but any additive that increases the Cetane figure will result in better power and reduced fuel usage. What you have to always do is weigh the cost of the additive versus the base cost of the fuel.

Of course keeping up on things like air and oil filter changes, using the correct weight motor oil and transmission oil, keeping your tires properly inflated and turning off the tractor when not in use will improve your fuel consumption probably better than any additive ever will.

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors
Thanks for the response! Yeah I haven’t read anything about cetane figure on it. Regular maintenance is definitely important. Fuel is pricey enough, definitely don’t need to burn more….

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors #4  
Not a plug for Archoil but I use their additive and always have. It increases the Cetane number, I've had excellent results from it.

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors #5  
Regular maintenance is probably one of the best ways to get max mileage. Quite honestly - I've never given those additives much of a thought. However - I do use Power Service - White Jug in the winter.

I had my diesel "jell" one winter. Kind of a PITA to get things going again.

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors #6  
Like your buggy, lax care equals excessive fuel consumption.

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors #7  
I personally am not a fan of additives unless it for a specific purpose. Claims such as higher cetane, better fuel mileage, less regens make me a skeptic. In my opinion keeping fuel from gelling or killing or preventing algae in the fuel are things an additive can do.

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors #8  
I personally am not a fan of additives unless it for a specific purpose. Claims such as higher cetane, better fuel mileage, less regens make me a skeptic. In my opinion keeping fuel from gelling or killing or preventing algae in the fuel are things an additive can do.
The chances that some small company somewhere, has come up with some special miracle formula for anything, that the giant companies managed to miss. Are extremely remote.

The chances that if a small company actually did that, and big companies wouldn't then analyze that product, and come up with a way to exploit that "miracle", themselves, are near zero. In which case, they then simply buy the small company, and with it, the new technology.

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors #9  
A cetane improver, anti-gel and lubricity improver are all pretty common. I use Amsoils All-In-One. Its not magic and does not normally do much in the way of noticeable driving or mileage improvements. No gelled fuel though. :)

/ Max mileage fuel additive any good for tier 4 tractors #10  
One thing I do notice is that most diesel specific additives smell the same. Must be the anti-gel.