Max28 Filter intechange List. (Bet this is a repost!)

/ Max28 Filter intechange List. (Bet this is a repost!) #1  

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor
1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) 2005 L39 Kubota, 2006 RTV 900 1997 Komatsu PC75UU2E w/ Thumb & Blade, 2013 Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle
I did a quick search, and came up with not much, so excuse me for asking again.

What aftermarket Filters fit the Max28/26?

I'm coming up on the first service.

Thank you.

/ Max28 Filter intechange List. (Bet this is a repost!) #2  
I should know that but I don't, I got my filter from the dealer.

/ Max28 Filter intechange List. (Bet this is a repost!) #3  
I got all the aftermarket filter numbers for my 3016 except for one hydr filter that I couldn't find.

I went to my local parts supplier and found the OEM filters from my Mahindra dealer were cheaper.

/ Max28 Filter intechange List. (Bet this is a repost!) #4  
WIX has a pretty good cross reference: WIX Filters - Products Catalog Home
Napa can cross them as well.
For me though, Im going to use OEM filters while its still under warranty just to take away the excuse IF something would ever happen.

/ Max28 Filter intechange List. (Bet this is a repost!)
   / Max28 Filter intechange List. (Bet this is a repost!) #6  
Re: Max28 Filter intechange List. (Bet this is a repost!) Yes it is!

Just my normal warning, and I know this is a repeat, when this type of thread pops up. Just because the threads are the same and the gasket matches up doesn't mean it is the correct filter. If Wix or Baldwin or Napa or whomever says it is correct by application, then I think you are good to go. But if you get a cross reference off a cross reference or a guy on a website says it fits, I'd be careful. Other than threads and gasket compatibility, you need to consider filter media type and size, bypass valve pressure setting if equipped, anti-drain back valve or not, and pressure capability of the can. If Wix says it works, we can assume their engineers considered all of those factors.

As time goes on, we are seeing more and more aftermarket support from various manufacturers for filters for Mahindra. That is good in my mind, as it will keep Mahindra honest on pricing. I think folks are OK with paying equal or even a little more for a OEM filter, but nobody wants to pay $20 for a filter that ought to be $10. I get that, and I agree.

We cut apart a Mahindra/Mitsubishi oil filter and an aftermarket oil filter once and the difference was significant. So if you do go aftermarket, at least go quality aftermarket.

I'd certainly be extra careful with the HST and hydraulic filters. The HST systems are fussy about clean oil, backpressure, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally good with aftermarket, but be careful. And as Pilgrim states, compare prices as sometimes the OEM is not much more.

Re: Max28 Filter intechange List. (Bet this is a repost!) Yes it is!

Just my normal warning, and I know this is a repeat, when this type of thread pops up. Just because the threads are the same and the gasket matches up doesn't mean it is the correct filter. If Wix or Baldwin or Napa or whomever says it is correct by application, then I think you are good to go. But if you get a cross reference off a cross reference or a guy on a website says it fits, I'd be careful. Other than threads and gasket compatibility, you need to consider filter media type and size, bypass valve pressure setting if equipped, anti-drain back valve or not, and pressure capability of the can. If Wix says it works, we can assume their engineers considered all of those factors.

As time goes on, we are seeing more and more aftermarket support from various manufacturers for filters for Mahindra. That is good in my mind, as it will keep Mahindra honest on pricing. I think folks are OK with paying equal or even a little more for a OEM filter, but nobody wants to pay $20 for a filter that ought to be $10. I get that, and I agree.

We cut apart a Mahindra/Mitsubishi oil filter and an aftermarket oil filter once and the difference was significant. So if you do go aftermarket, at least go quality aftermarket.

I'd certainly be extra careful with the HST and hydraulic filters. The HST systems are fussy about clean oil, backpressure, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally good with aftermarket, but be careful. And as Pilgrim states, compare prices as sometimes the OEM is not much more.
I have the shuttle.

Glad I do. Better than a straight gear. Still is more of a pain than PST GST or Hydro, but good for field and roading.

I could not find an aftermarket Hydraulic filter for the Max28, and prices for Air cleaner were high so I just ordered all filters mail order, Paid about $124 with shipping. At least I'm saving gas & time of a dealer trip.

Been spending money on tractor stull lately, , new cutters & parts of the rotary cutter and such. $410 on syn. hydro oil for the L39, $140 in filters, yuck. Figure I should service the excavator this year too.
Just think what a dealer would charge!

Scratch the PH6607

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-buying-pricing/312899-just-got-my-first-tractor.html

Also to add to the List
PH2876 equal to a Fram PH6607

My Protege 5 has 300K miles on perfect motor, rest of it has rusted to heck, & uses the PH6607 filter, so that's what may be going on the Max.

DO not to add to the List
PH2876 equal to a Fram PH6607
I thought I bought a Borch D3330 equivlant to the PH6607 & it did not fit. I returned it. Maybe I bought a D3300?

So Back to

Fram PH7317 (Longer standard Fram w. sure grip)
Fram PH6017A (Shorter tough guard)
Purolator L14610
Purolator L14620
K&N PS1010
Tractors seem to have the same cross references to oil filters as cars. So all the aftermarket filter brands make compatible filters for the Mitsu 1.3L. I plan on using the same OEM Mitsu filters I use on my Mitsu cars, MZ690072. I can get them for about $5 a piece. All the Mitsu car engines take either this one or MZ690116. Here is a pic of both filters: http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...il_filters.jpg

So today the filter I mail ordered show up a dayu after i do the first service!

Attached is a photo of the Filters

Attachments

• P1030469.jpg
    P1030469.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 230
Last edited: