Meanwhile, across the pond...

deserteagle71

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 diesel, Kubota M7060HDC12
Bravo for them!

I think all farmers should go on strike for 6 months or so...maybe then people will realize that farmers produce the food, it doesn't just magically appear in a grocery store.

Jim Shooz

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2350
We've got the same problem down here. A very left/green leaning government who now seem intent on killing the dairying industry. Despite the fact that the country was largely built on the back of the dairy industry. Dairying makes up 3.5% of GDP, and of the dairy exporting countries we are the top exporter with 19% of world market. Next country down is Germany at 9.8%. USA is 5th with 5.6%.
The green gubberment want all waterways/rivers/creeks swim-able by 20?? So farmers are having to fence off all lakes rivers etc to prevent stock from walking in it/drinking from it. Any fertiliser/milking shed effluent must be treated and not allowed to leech into any waterway. Fines range in the hundred of thousands of dollars.
And then there's the sheep. Back in 1982 we had 70milliom but now we're down to only 40million. They and the cattle all fart ! ! !

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
People need to stop taking farmers for granted...no famers no food.

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3, Kubota M9000 HD, Kubota Sidekick UTE
Bravo for them!

I think all farmers should go on strike for 6 months or so...maybe then people will realize that farmers produce the food, it doesn't just magically appear in a grocery store.

A month would do it.....

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
We've got the same problem down here. A very left/green leaning government who now seem intent on killing the dairying industry. Despite the fact that the country was largely built on the back of the dairy industry. Dairying makes up 3.5% of GDP, and of the dairy exporting countries we are the top exporter with 19% of world market. Next country down is Germany at 9.8%. USA is 5th with 5.6%.
The green gubberment want all waterways/rivers/creeks swim-able by 20?? So farmers are having to fence off all lakes rivers etc to prevent stock from walking in it/drinking from it. Any fertiliser/milking shed effluent must be treated and not allowed to leech into any waterway. Fines range in the hundred of thousands of dollars.
And then there's the sheep. Back in 1982 we had 70milliom but now we're down to only 40million. They and the cattle all fart ! ! !

You really do need to bulk up that sheep heard.
40 million is not enough.
I love lamb!
I ate NZ lamb just last night!

Jim Shooz

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2350
Correction I miscounted We now only have 39,999,999 sheep.

Jim Shooz

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2350
Nah I was wide awake. just miscounted the one that fried1765 ate

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3, Kubota M9000 HD, Kubota Sidekick UTE
Like to old well worn saying goes.... SHEEP LIE.......:laughing: