Merry Christmas PT Owners, wannabe's, and everyone else at TBN!

/ Merry Christmas PT Owners, wannabe's, and everyone else at TBN! #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Merry Christmas to all! Got 8-9" of snow last night. Hope all is well and peaceful with everyone on TBN! :)

/ Merry Christmas PT Owners, wannabe's, and everyone else at TBN! #2  
Merry Christmas to all. We got about an inch of snow last night

/ Merry Christmas PT Owners, wannabe's, and everyone else at TBN! #3  
Merry Christmas! No snow here, but cold (37) for us.

/ Merry Christmas PT Owners, wannabe's, and everyone else at TBN! #4  
Merry belated Christmas. We actually had snow for Christmas this year! First time in many years, we mostly get what snow we get, early in the year around January or February.

/ Merry Christmas PT Owners, wannabe's, and everyone else at TBN!
It's been around 10F or lower for the past couple days here. Just beautiful. I'm going ice fishing Friday, hopefully. First time in December in years. Usually have to wait well into January the past 10 years or so.

/ Merry Christmas PT Owners, wannabe's, and everyone else at TBN! #6  
enjoy yourself....hope you catch dinner!.......personally when it gets 10 and below around here I usually don't go looking for excuses to go outside......:cold::eek: ......Jack

The colder the better. :laughing:

After you walk 1/2 a mile across a snow covered lake and drill a few holes, you get toasty warm real quick. :hot::hot:

And if by chance I do start getting a chill, I put up the portable shanty, turn on the lantern and take my coveralls off. Really, its pretty darn comfortable just sitting on a bucket in good cold weather gear.

/ Merry Christmas PT Owners, wannabe's, and everyone else at TBN! #8  
Did you catch anything? Pictures

Yeah, I caught 4 nice bluegills. Gave them to my fishing partner, as he was showing me some new lakes. It was a tough bite, today. I could watch them on the sonar, and bring them up off the bottom, but they just wouldn't bite. Tried many different colors, types and sizes of jigs/lures and bugs and just couldn't entice them enough. I guess that's why they call it a fish finder and not a fish catcher.... it found em! :laughing:

Ice conditions in extreme SW Michigan are spotty at best. 5" of good, hard ice in some spots, inch and a half of mush in others. Cold snap should freeze up everything in the next couple days.

It was a beautiful day with temps around 10F. Winds 5-15 with spotty snow showers. We started fishing around 11:00 and quit around 5. I had to put my jacket on around 4:30 when the sun started setting. Never did put on my winter boots. Very comfortable in my Sketchers. And I was trying out some new palm rods, which I'm not sure I like at all. If you set them down on wet ice, the reels freeze up with slush. And the line is easy to come off the reel and wrap around the axle. All-in-all, not too happy. I'm gonna write a review on the manufacturer's website. I was very disappointed.

With that said, a bad day on the ice is still better than a good day at the old office, eh? :thumbsup: