Messick's 2017 Christmas Light Show

/ Messick's 2017 Christmas Light Show #2  
I look forward to this every year!

Well done Messick's. :cool:

/ Messick's 2017 Christmas Light Show #3  
I really enjoy synchronized Christmas light shows. I often times wish I had the electrical and software smarts to put something together that I could enjoy on my own house.

Does anyone make kits or modules that we could buy and make some kind of synchronized light show for our own?

/ Messick's 2017 Christmas Light Show #4  
Thanks George, worth the wait! I guess I’m going to have to buy a bunch more Kubotas !

/ Messick's 2017 Christmas Light Show #5  
I really enjoy synchronized Christmas light shows. I often times wish I had the electrical and software smarts to put something together that I could enjoy on my own house.

Does anyone make kits or modules that we could buy and make some kind of synchronized light show for our own?
Yes, you can buy the system that doesthis, google light o rama

/ Messick's 2017 Christmas Light Show #6  
Dang...must have taken LOT thinking planning.

/ Messick's 2017 Christmas Light Show #7  
I liked last yrs better, but always impressive.

/ Messick's 2017 Christmas Light Show #8  
There are lots of automated systems available at most places that sell outdoor lights and displays...

There are also several different controller circuit boards available for the DIYer...they are basically a series of switches and relays that are controlled via a simple computer script (.bat or .cmd for Windows or a shell script for Linux)

The newer systems are self contained and additional hardware is not required...but a card like this:Parallel Port Relay Board Kit Available At Electronic Kits, Robot Kits & More! will make good use of any old desktop or laptop that actually has a parallel printer port (LPT) ...just add a mini FM transmitter and you can include music into the scripts...FM Transmitter with Mic & Line Inputs Kit Available At Electronic Kits, Robot Kits & More!