Metal cutting of clean painted square tube

/ Metal cutting of clean painted square tube #21  
x2 on bandsaw. Even a porta band will be fine.

No need for messy coolant but it will extend blade life. But you get the speed dialed in, and you can cut tubing all day long with a bandsaw and NO coolant and never get it hot enough to blister any paint or coating

/ Metal cutting of clean painted square tube #22  
Bring it over and I'll let you saw it on my bandsaw.

A twelve pack of Shiner Bock will do... :)

/ Metal cutting of clean painted square tube #23  
Everyone saying band saws has never done any commercial framing with metal studs. They are cut with chop saws which are beefed up miter saws basically and you cut entire bundles on metal studs to length cleanly in one cut. A metal blade on a regular miter saw is all you need for that small task.

/ Metal cutting of clean painted square tube #24  
Cutting metal studs in an abrasive chop saw there is no concerns about heat burning off coating or paint. Thats the issue here.

/ Metal cutting of clean painted square tube #25  
A bandsaw would be the first choice, as even the small HF model will allow you to gang at least six pieces at a time for multiple cuts. Next would be a metal cutting skilsaw if you can line a bunch of them up, put some cardboard down to run the shoe over and set a fence and trim several at a time.
Chances are the finish is a 40% black powder coat that is pretty much the standard for residential OI, rattle cans can be had at any hardware store that will match.

/ Metal cutting of clean painted square tube #26  
I would love to buy a dry-cut saw for a project like this but when I start counting dollars, I would probably put a metal blade in my compound miter saw like newbury in post #12 suggested.

/ Metal cutting of clean painted square tube #27  
Band saw would be choice here also. Saws all 2nd choice if the tube is well clamped. Doubt the band saw needs coolant but would not hurt. If you use coolant might be a good idea to be sure your plugged into a GFI circuit.

/ Metal cutting of clean painted square tube #28  
I have about 16 sections, each of which will (likely) need 4 cuts. So roughly 65 total.

That diamond wheel *is* a bit pricey, but justifiable given that the railing materials cost about $2k. Wouldn't the abrasive-like cut of the diamonds generate heat similar to an abrasive wheel? If not, there's this way less expensive option for the same thing in an angle grinder - Amazon.com: Lenox Tools 1972921 METALMAX Diamond Edge Cutoff Wheel, 4.5" x 7/8": Home Improvement
If I had $2K worth of materials a Grizzly bandsaw or equivalent would probably be added to my tool "chest". How much will it cost if you mess up a piece? Does that $2K include 10% or so for learning and mistakes?
Do you have room and power for a bandsaw?

65 cuts, to me, warrants a tool purchase. I would not go for anything that is "hand held" like an angle grinder or a reciprocating saw. I'd probably mess up several cuts. The miter saw should provide accurate, repeatable cuts. The bandsaw option will also but it is designed for your type of job.

/ Metal cutting of clean painted square tube #29  
Seems like a bandsaw would take forever compared to a dry cut saw. (Guessing 3-4 times faster?). It transfers almost no heat and there would be no oil to clean up before painting. :2cents:

If you are going to buy a new tool to do the job I'd highly recommend looking a dry cut saws.