MF 1205 HST Bucking

/ MF 1205 HST Bucking #1  

Gunfighter

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 790, Steiner 230, IH 340U, Farmall Super C, Farmall C, IH Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse 8.75
Put down a deposit on a MF 1205 with intent to purchase providing the dealer takes care of a couple of problems. The cosmetic damage to the rear fender doesn't worry me but the bucking when starting out in low range does. If you easy down on the peddle unnaturally slow, it will start smooth, otherwise it'll buck like the old time stick transmission with a new driver learning how to work the clutch & gas. The high range works perfectly normal. Dealer claims it needs to be run an the problem would work it way out. I told him to drive it all he wants, deliver it when the problem is gone. Has anybody had a similar experience with HST transmission and what do you think the problem could be? The tractor has about 1 1/2 hours on the meter...
Thank You In Advance...

/ MF 1205 HST Bucking
The dealer did solve the problem of the HST trans bucking an delivered the tractor but a new problem developed. The little tractor has trouble keeping it's cool. The meter showed only two/half hours but it manage to over heat 4 times. The radiator screen does pickup a lot of debris but don't think that is it's only problem. My JD 790 tractor after 5 to 6 hours in the woods bush-hogging, it's screen is total covered but temp remains in the green...

It was a sad day for me, as the MF 1205 is one of the nices tractor in that hp range. I regret to say I called dealer an had him take it back...