Buying Advice MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor?

/ MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor? #1  

belangery

Tractor
None
Hey MF folks! I'm looking to buy a Agco ST28A (same as MF 1528), a 2007 with 1400 hours. This is going to be for personal usage on the week-end at the cottage: snow removal, firewood duties, gravel road maintenance, etc. I've searched on this forum and I don't see much complains about the tractor (except that guy who trashed his front diff).

Are they good tractors? Reliable? What should I look for (other than the obvious checkpoints)? Any personal experience on owning and operating this tractor after 1000 hours?

The one I'm looking at seems in really good shape, I'll go check it out in a few days.

Thanks! This is a great community!

/ MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor? #2  
VIDEO: How To Evaluate A Used Tractor - YouTube

AGCO ST28A

2005 - 2008 ST-A Series
Compact Utility tractor

Distributor: AGCO
Manufacturer: Iseki
Factory: Matsuyama, Japan

AGCO ST28A Engine:
Iseki 1.5L 3-cyl diesel
AGCO ST28A Power:
Engine: 28.4 hp [21.2 kW]
PTO (claimed): 22.3 hp [16.6 kW] (hydro), 24.5 (gear)

3-Point Hitch:
Rear Type: I
Rear lift: 1610 lbs [730 kg]

Power Take-off (PTO):
Rear PTO: transmission (gear), independent (hydrostatic)
Rear RPM: 540
Mid PTO: optional
Mid RPM: 2000

Dimensions:
Weight: 2,400 lbs [1088 kg]
Wheelbase: 65.5 inches [166 cm]
Length: 114.6 inches [291 cm]
Width: 49.6 inches [125 cm]
Height: 79 inches [200 cm]

Mechanical:
Chassis: 4x4 MFWD 4WD
Steering: hydrostatic power

Hydraulics:
Pump flow: 7.4 gpm [28.0 lpm]

Page information:
Last update: April 16, 2014
Copyright: Copyright 2016 TractorData LLC

/ MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor? #3  
yes - simple no frills tractor. Very reliable.

/ MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor? #4  
Hey MF folks! I'm looking to buy a Agco ST28A (same as MF 1528), a 2007 with 1400 hours. This is going to be for personal usage on the week-end at the cottage: snow removal, firewood duties, gravel road maintenance, etc. I've searched on this forum and I don't see much complains about the tractor (except that guy who trashed his front diff).

Are they good tractors? Reliable? What should I look for (other than the obvious checkpoints)? Any personal experience on owning and operating this tractor after 1000 hours?

The one I'm looking at seems in really good shape, I'll go check it out in a few days.

Did the complete maintenance a month ago on neighbor's ST28A I found it to be a pretty well built machine and maintenance was really easy (motor oil, axle, hydraulic fluid, fuel filter etc...)

He only put 730 hrs on his machine since he bought it new 11 years ago but never had a problem with it and that without any maintenance no fluid or filters had ever been change on this machine.

/ MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor? #5  
I have a MF1528 it's a 2006 I bought it burnt it only had 23 hours on it. I rebuilt back to factory condition and been using it for 7 yrs. now and it has about 600 hrs. Its the gear model with no frills with a FEL i really like it and have no complaints.

/ MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor?
Thank you for your input. I've pulled the trigger on the ST28A, should get it next week. Can't wait to test it out on our land! The tractor was in great shape, beside few items that the dealer will take care of: leaking front axle seal, 2 worn bushings, and few minor issues. Otherwise it drove great and strong.

st28a.jpg

/ MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor? #7  
Thank you for your input. I've pulled the trigger on the ST28A, should get it next week. Can't wait to test it out on our land! The tractor was in great shape, beside few items that the dealer will take care of: leaking front axle seal, 2 worn bushings, and few minor issues. Otherwise it drove great and strong.

View attachment 676980

Looks great. We have a 1533 - similar machine. So far, no complaints. It was on the property when purchased as part of the land deal. Was garage kept and only had 120 hours on the clock. We've put 200 hours on it and had a FEL added. All in all, its a good little machine.

Best of luck with your 1528.

/ MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor? #8  
Looks great. We have a 1533 - similar machine. So far, no complaints. It was on the property when purchased as part of the land deal. Was garage kept and only had 120 hours on the clock. We've put 200 hours on it and had a FEL added. All in all, its a good little machine.

Best of luck with your 1528.
These tractors are proving themselves as hours & years go by! I own a 2018 1526 & it's been a great tractor so far & I bought it to compliment my 1959 M-F 50 , But I like the styling of these series tractors they're kind of retro ,but that is a awesome way to come in to one these tractors,Hope it's still working for You & I'm sure it is.
IMG_20201003_134009.jpg

/ MF 1528 / Agco ST28A, good tractor? #9  

These are not good tractors ,They're GREAT TRACTORS!!!!:) I own a 2018 M-F 1526 with a fel that I bought new & I have no regrets on the ownership & I bought it to work with my 1 ton dump truck & my 1959 M-F 50 . I hope You got the M-F 1528 It should meet your needs & check if there are any service records on her , & good luck & welcome to TBN
IMG_20201003_134009.jpg