MF188 generator regulator issue

/ MF188 generator regulator issue #1  

Ausmac

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 188, JD 2130, Fiat 650
Hi guys, first post, hopefully it痴 in the right spot....
I have a MF188 that has been very reliable over the last two years. However now I need to get it registered so I have to get the lights etc working.
A while ago I replaced the generator but still have no battery charging input. Not sure how I test the regulator but thinking that could be the problem. As well, the key has been bridged to a push button start, no lights work, cut wires here and there, so if I could find a good wiring diagram I figure I will just rewire the whole lot front to back. Any help on the above issues would be much appreciated. Thanks!

/ MF188 generator regulator issue #2  
Check the price on a new wire harness, they are quite cheap for MF 100 series, do you have a modern generator or the old dynamo type?

/ MF188 generator regulator issue
Mine has the generator/dynamo type. It is brand new, figured I would try and keep it the same so there would be less wiring changes. Hindsight tells me now that I should致e went the alternator route and changed the wiring anyway. Thanks for that info on the loom though, didn稚 know you could get a loom for something that old. Thought I壇 be doing the old individual wire trick.