Mice chewing wires

/ Mice chewing wires #21  
Snake s##t works too, they seem to recognize the smell and avoid, find someone with a pet python.
Does not have to be fresh.
Reminds me, back in my aviation days birds nests under the engine cowling was a common problem every spring.

One clever deterrent was to place a child's rubber snake on the engine cowling.
The idea was snakes were known to feed on bird eggs.

/ Mice chewing wires #22  
I have heard that Irish Spring bar soap is a deterrent also.
My '92 Jeep Comanche engine compartment was completely full of pine needles, grass clippings and other stuff to the point I could not see the motor after not looking at it for a month. a couple wires and one fuel injector had been chewed on.

/ Mice chewing wires #23  
I had one chewing the fuel return line on my backhoe. He chewed a hole in the same line twice so I put some rat poison on the intake and that stopped it.

I have had to wrap ALL the wires at my well with metal duct tape to stop the squirrels from chewing the wires.

I have a barn cat now that is a killing machine. :)

/ Mice chewing wires #24  
Reminds me of a squirrel incident some years ago.
Mr. (or Mrs.) chewed his/her way thru the lower corner of the entry door at our log cabin.
I promptly patched the damage and added an aluminum kick plate to camouflages the repaired area.
LOL, the next week end we arrived to find a new access chewed thru the door frame.
Said frame was white pine (nice and dry) so chewing was real easy.

That rodent must have been frustrated as he/she knocked over just about everything not bolted down as it ran amuck breaking many fragile items. We later determined it was after some chocolate that we'd left behind.

Now that was a squirrel, I could add many tales of mice or voles that loved that cabin.
LOL, that's where I learned the 5 gal bucket and PB or corn bait trick.

/ Mice chewing wires #25  
Reminds me of a squirrel incident some years ago.
Mr. (or Mrs.) chewed his/her way thru the lower corner of the entry door at our log cabin.
I promptly patched the damage and added an aluminum kick plate to camouflages the repaired area.
LOL, the next week end we arrived to find a new access chewed thru the door frame.
Said frame was white pine (nice and dry) so chewing was real easy.

That rodent must have been frustrated as he/she knocked over just about everything not bolted down as it ran amuck breaking many fragile items. We later determined it was after some chocolate that we'd left behind.

Now that was a squirrel, I could add many tales of mice or voles that loved that cabin.
LOL, that's where I learned the 5 gal bucket and PB or corn bait trick.

Squirrels are the absolute worst!

MoKelly