mile marker winch

/ mile marker winch #21  
RFB said:
Deerlope,

Do you have any pics of your MM winch set-up?

thanx
There is some on this site under "build it yourself" but don't ask me how to find them. Searching I would guess. Its been probably 3 years since I put them in here . The site went up and down soooooooo many times and then there was no automatic pic resizer so I just stopped posting things that I build.

/ mile marker winch #23  
RedRocker,

Thank you; I searched last night with no joy.

/ mile marker winch #24  
   / mile marker winch #25  
Check out my thread in Attachments.

/ mile marker winch #26  
cgraham said:
The only disadvantage compared to an electric winch is that the engine has to be running to use it.
C

That is true, but if your engine is not running your not going to use an electric winch very long either. Under a substantial load you won't be able to make a full pull unless you have an up graded electrical system with extra high capacity batteries.

/ mile marker winch #27  
Agreed. Thus the hydraulic has the advantage.

I had in mind situations such as getting stuck in a creek and drowning the engine. The electric winch may get you out. This is perhaps an unlikely scenario in a working environment, but something to consider if you enjoy off-road exploration, which was why I originally bought the MileMarker. I decided if I drowned the engine I probably would not be able to get it started again, and so bought the MileMarker.