Millermatic 211 vs. Hobart Handler 210MVP

OP
W

WADFL

Tractor
Kubota L2501 4x4 HST, Cub Cadet XT1 LT50
I'm going with the Millermatic 211.

Went back and forth, and the price on the miller increased $120 in the meantime.

I plan to keep this one for 15-20 years so I eliminated anything with a LCD screen control panel - which is a lot of good products.

BukitCase

Elite Member
Tractor
Case 580B, Long 460, Allis-Chalmers 160
Cool; now that you've decided, here's a project that'll make sure it all works :devilish:

Cart 4 mm211

Feel free to steal any or all... Steve

BTW, that project actually starts on page ONE of that thread...

Last edited:

OP
W

WADFL

Tractor
Kubota L2501 4x4 HST, Cub Cadet XT1 LT50
Yes, thanks that's fantastic. I need a product like that to learn about welding.

I've only used my Handler 140 to weld in some floor pans, and I did a poor job. Need to learn how to weld correctly.

DL Meisen

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715

shaeff

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF Utility 35 Gasser, JLG LJ500
You're entirely welcome; I've been a novice at one form of welding or another since about 1970 (acetylene), 1971 (TIG, known then as heli-arc), 1973 (stick, mentored by a pipeline weldor), 2011 (MIG, currently a MM252 and inverter MM211), 2013 (inverter stick/TIG unit, + plasma cutter)

Never done welding for a living (hence the novice status :=) but have gotten paid for it a few times - I'm still breathing and with all fingers and toes, largely because I believe in learning MORE than I'll ever NEED to about ANY endeavor that could change the above conditions, BEFORE I do it -

I've been called "weenie" and worse for that tendency, often by "dumb and proud of it" types that do NOT have all their appendages; but among other things, I'm a musician and play keys, guitar, bass, drums, and occasionally a bit of cello - I have more $$$$ tied up in music gear than most people do in vehicles; tends to make me think BEFORE I act...

Oh, forgot to mention; if you've not already found it, closest thing to an "over the shoulder" mentor for welding

I started learning about MIG from some of the pipe fitters on my maintenance crew, learned even more from Jody on the above site. Highly recommend... Steve

Right on, very cool! Jody’s videos are how I learned to Mig weld. Great resource!