Milwaukee cordless Grease gun owners

/ Milwaukee cordless Grease gun owners #11  
I ordered the M18. Why that over the less spendy 12? I already own three m18 batteries. Don't need to buy another battery.

I have the M18. Its 3 years old still working fine. I grease 3 machines. I have a lock n lube on the end.

/ Milwaukee cordless Grease gun owners #12  
I got the DeWalt because it's variable speed, not just one or two like the Milkywater :ROFLMAO: Besides, I already had the batteries and could share among my other eight DW tools. ;)

/ Milwaukee cordless Grease gun owners
I already had the batteries
My batteries are Milwaukee.
Dewalt, a long time ago, struck me as the tool you took to the job site because if it got stolen or broke, you wouldn't care. I hear they've gotten dramatically better in the last 20 years.

/ Milwaukee cordless Grease gun owners #14  
I got the DeWalt because it's variable speed, not just one or two like the Milkywater :ROFLMAO: Besides, I already had the batteries and could share among my other eight DW tools. ;)
I'm not sure what advantage a variable speed trigger is in real life. I don't think I've ever turned my Milwaukee off of the high speed setting. I feature I do use a lot is the preset grease counter. Pull the trigger and it will keep pumping shots up to the number set on the dial. Release the trigger and pull again, and it will coun tup to the same number of shots.

Most of the time when I'm greasing something like the bushings on my tractors loader or similar, I leave the counter set on 3 or 4. I crank the setting way up for high-volume greasing, or lock in on continuous greasing.

I used mine for the first time today. I set the shot count to 7 for the bushings and 5 for the sealed bearings on the axle.

It's a lot nicer than my sloppy pistol grim one.

/ Milwaukee cordless Grease gun owners #16  
got the M12 first and was real happy with it then the M18 came out, anyway picked one up and its a beast, jury is still out on the preset number of pumps, either too small or too large, like the light feature,

for me the M18 all the way

jury is still out on the preset number of pumps
Can't say I studied the manual intently, but I didn't see anything telling me what the volume dispensed per stroke is. It should be fixed.
Every mechanic I've spoken to says about bushings, to pump till it squeezes out, which makes sense, but what about those bearings that have seals like your axles?
My dealer said to not overdo it just give it a few pumps or risk blowing out the seals.

I have wondered about the possibility (from a practicality perspective) about the wisdom of (a) Removing the nipple under my front axle and replacing it with a pipe that hugs the axle and runs around it to end up in a much more user-friendly location and put the nipple there.
Just so I don't have to crawl under the tractor.

/ Milwaukee cordless Grease gun owners #19  
I grease more than just my tractors but nearly all require some visual feed back. I guess a remote grease fitting may work for a few but hardly worth the cost. And how do you not waste grease with a remote? I can throttle the DW from 1 pump/second to about 10 pumps/second with a pull of the trigger. Adding the Lock-and-Lube and an attachment kit has made grease jobs fun. Well, maybe not fun but at least less work. ;)

/ Milwaukee cordless Grease gun owners #20  
I have wondered about the possibility (from a practicality perspective) about the wisdom of (a) Removing the nipple under my front axle and replacing it with a pipe that hugs the axle and runs around it to end up in a much more user-friendly location and put the nipple there.
Just so I don't have to crawl under the tractor.
A local fabricator who does some great work doing forestry mods on tractors does exactly that. He runs tubing from the original zerk location out to an easier to reach area, since some of his modifications make it difficult to reach the original zerk location.