Mitsubishi D2000iiFD/Satoh Bull replacement ignition key

/ Mitsubishi D2000iiFD/Satoh Bull replacement ignition key #1  

fordcomanche

Well my Mitsubishi D2000iiFD ignition key has broken off and the keyed portion has been lost. It appears that it has the original ignition switch, does anyone know if this is one of the generic keys that can be purchased on the Bay? I would prefer not to replace the entire switch if I can just get the key.
Appreciate any help on locating a key, Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210316_223512.jpg
    20210316_223512.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • 20210316_223412.jpg
    20210316_223412.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
   / Mitsubishi D2000iiFD/Satoh Bull replacement ignition key
Guys, Thanks for the quick response! I checked with Valley Power this afternoon but they only have the complete switch assemblies with keys. I'll try search for a key a little longer before replacing the switch.

The link to ILCO Keys provided by Peter 315 was very helpful. Their Construction Equipment Key Reference document provided details that helped narrow the key down to one of 3 versions. I am comparing those versions to my key remnant. I'll post back once I confirm a match.
Thanks again!

/ Mitsubishi D2000iiFD/Satoh Bull replacement ignition key #5  
   / Mitsubishi D2000iiFD/Satoh Bull replacement ignition key #6  
Since this ignition switch is on a Mitsubishi tractor and therefore fairly aged as it has been many years since they stopped producing, I'd strongly advise changing the switch assembly.

Chances are that after locating a key you will later have to replace the assembly anyway.

/ Mitsubishi D2000iiFD/Satoh Bull replacement ignition key
Thanks to everyone for the information, I wanted to give an update.
I didnt't find any part numbers or ID's on the ignition switch itself but after cleaning around the front of switch, I found a tiny number stamped above the key slot "123243".

Using Peter315's link to the ILCO files, I found this key number 123243 was shown as one of the three Mitsubishi key types but was it listed as "forklift" instead of ignition.

With this ILCO number match, I took AirBiscuit's advice and found a set of 3 keys that were listed as "123243" for $6.99 shipped. They arrived last night and they work fine. The new keys have the same shape as the ILCO 1596 profile but are generic with no numbers.

This gets me out of a bind for now. I will eventually look at replacing the entire switch but needed to get it going for some work this week.

I'm still not certain if this was the original switch but here's some pics of switch and the new keys for reference that may help others in the future.

Thanks again for all the help

Attachments

• Mitsub Ign Key 3-22-21 Zoom (2) - Copy.jpg
    Mitsub Ign Key 3-22-21 Zoom (2) - Copy.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Mitsub Ign Switch 3-17-21 zoom - Copy.jpg
    Mitsub Ign Switch 3-17-21 zoom - Copy.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Mitsub Ign Switch 3-17-21 ZOOM (7) - Copy.jpg
    Mitsub Ign Switch 3-17-21 ZOOM (7) - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81