Mix or match?

/ Mix or match? #1  

def38

Platinum Member
Tractor
M-F 231S
Is it OK to mix radial and bias ply tires on the rear wheels of my MF 231?

Also, how about mixing tube and tubeless tires on the rear?

/ Mix or match? #2  
If the outer diameter is the same from side to side there should be no problem. You will possibly have issues at highway speeds, especially when cornering at the race track.

/ Mix or match? #3  
Don't know. But you might forget which tire has a tube if you have tire problems. I probably would not mix them. I always thought radials were softer than Bias tires.

/ Mix or match? #4  
If the outer diameter is the same from side to side there should be no problem. You will possibly have issues at highway speeds, especially when cornering at the race track.

The tractor has a top speed of around 16 MPH, I’m guessing cornering isn’t going to be too much of an issue.

/ Mix or match? #5  
It is not great to mix tires as the sizes are never identical causing the spider gears in the differential to turn all the time. Also if you engage differential lock you will stress the axle with the larger tire more. However I have seen many 2wd tractors with mis matched tires. It will not kill your tractor, but it is not advised.

/ Mix or match?
Actually, I have no plans for road racing but, I may enter the occasional 1/4 mile drag race or tractor pull!

/ Mix or match? #7  
The question is - why would you want to mix bias & radial tires??

/ Mix or match? #8  
Is it OK to mix radial and bias ply tires on the rear wheels of my MF 231?

Also, how about mixing tube and tubeless tires on the rear?
TT vs Tubeless I don't see a problem. Bias VS Radial no. One squirms and sinks under load the other doesn't.