MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine)

/ MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine) #1  

leonz

Tractor
JD LA115, WH 244, Troy Built Horse 8 HP
MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine)

I saw the MK Martin self powered single stage snow thrower today.

I am not going to throw stones at it just look at it honestly based on my past experience with snow removal.

Seeing it discharge discharge 2 inches of snow is fine at high idle/wide open throttle in their videos but it needs to be seen working in 12-16 inches of snow to have any meaningful positive demonstration of its ability.

The negatives in my opinion are:

1. the 16 inch diameter snow blower rotor which is is 4 inches too large in diameter for the engine size
2. the representative honda engine is much too small for the 16 inch diameter snow thrower
rotor to create the torque needed for snow thrower of this size and both widths and it needs an engine of 20-24+
horsepower in a single engine or a V twin engine of the same horsepower or near the same horsepower
3. it needs lights
4. it needs an electric linear actuator and separate switch for the spout control to take advantage of the
electric systems ability to provide electric power to a linear actuator to operate the spout
5. it also needs a manual recoil start
6. the belt drive does not have a snubber pulley with a spring tensioner which also make it easier to change
the V belt without tools.

The positives in my opinion are:

1. electric start
2. the engine has an electric generator for the addition of work HID lights.
3. the chute is rotated electrically with a low voltage control
4. it can be attached to an ssqa plate which would let it also
be mounted on a three point hitch with an SSQA adapter
5. The electric system can be connected to a separate low voltage
linear actuator to control the spouts angle of discharge
6. I believe it also has a slip clutch which I hope is made by Hilliard

Granted Rome was not built in a day but if they has simply used the proven design with the smaller diameter snow blower rotor created by Riest Industries they would sell a lot of them especially engine powered units.

:(

Last edited:
   / MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine) #2  
Re: MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine)

Requested price and availability for the above mentioned snow throwers and got the following.

S1054E $9250.00 47 inch

S1060E $9650.00 53 inch

These are approx. 90-120 days out from time of order.

quote was on November, 4th 2020.

/ MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine)
Re: MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine)

The smallest rear mount Pronovost snow blower and a BX2370 would be money better spent I think.

It would not be so bad but the previous Riest series 1000 with the 48 inch cut with the 13" snow blower rotor was a little over $3,100.00 with tax and freight from Canada if I remember the old prices correctly.

I keep hoping they will change the design back to the original Riest design as they are not going to sell many of these things as designed. They made simple proven 50 year old design with a couple of variations from the old IHC, Wheel Horse, and Simplicity, designs much more complicated and costly than necessary.

Last edited:
   / MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine) #4  

/ MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine) #5  

Or Bercomac

/ MK Martin self powered snow blower (2 model widths 47", 53" 13 horsepower engine) #6