Monsanto

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Not to be a Monsatans advocate here, but with eight billion humans on the planet, maybe someone needs to cull the herd!

We rent our farm to two farmers. One Organic and the other a Cash Cropper. The engineerd crops always look so much nicer! The Organic stuff, just a bunch of nasty weeds and unfavourable yields!

Garycw

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R w/ fel, Farm Pro 2425, ford 841 & 851
Not to be a Monsatans advocate here, but with eight billion humans on the planet, maybe someone needs to cull the herd! We rent our farm to two farmers. One Organic and the other a Cash Cropper. The engineerd crops always look so much nicer! The Organic stuff, just a bunch of nasty weeds and unfavourable yields!
Maybe you'll be next!? Are you also a politician?Sent from the mountains

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Not to be a Monsatans advocate here, but with eight billion humans on the planet, maybe someone needs to cull the herd!

We rent our farm to two farmers. One Organic and the other a Cash Cropper. The engineerd crops always look so much nicer! The Organic stuff, just a bunch of nasty weeds and unfavourable yields!

I understand that argument yet don't completely agree with it. How much harm are we doing? At some point we're going to exceed the carrying capacity of the planet; or our quality of life is going to suffer... especially in this country where we're fond of our open spaces. I agree that organic gardening is more work than many- including me- want to put into it, but don't base all of your opinions on one experience.

Everytime one of these discussions starts though, I'm reminded of the book Thirty Acres written in 1938.Thirty Acres by Ringuet | PenguinRandomHouse.com
It seems like this debate has been going on for decades.

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
A person could drive themselves crazy thinking about the harm we do. This time of year, there are many little toads in the grass and it bothers me to run them over with the mowers. I try to watch out for them as best as I can.

One doc I saw made it quite clear. Agriculture is a very unnatural process.

As far as going next. There does happen to be a strange sore in my mouth that isn't heallng! Me and my "greatest generaton" have done our darndest to wreck the place, so maybe it's not a bad time to just leave! Just walk away.

davepg1

Bronze Member
Tractor
2014 Mahindra 3616HST Kubota B5200 Bush Hog Trail Hand TH4200
Do some research for yourself and see that Monsanto donates millions of dollars to BOTH political parties in this country to keep the politicians under control. We have been using plastic mulch in raised rows for 3 years now and the taste of our produce is totally different than the next door farm who used Roundup. A state representative was at a local fair and I cornered her on this exact subject which she commented she had no knowledge of a problem with Monsanto products, but it is an on-going investigation. (typical politics). I then asked how much campaign donation money she accepted from them and she got pretty evasive. Conversation was ended right then and there.

davesl708

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200D,

The gene pool could use some chlorine.
Nature will adjust eventually.

DFB

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s
The California Environmental Agency has announced its intentions to have the active ingredient of Roundup glyphosate labelled as an agent known to the state to cause cancer.

In the upcoming months, it will be added to a list of chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm under the action of Proposition 65. Once this happens, businesses will have to provide clear and reasonable warnings before exposing people to Roundup (and other glyphosate products).

https://www.morningagclips.com/cali...r&utm_term=newsletteredition&utm_medium=email

arrow

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3016
The kicker of this is that all we try to do for crop output is adjusted for by Mother Nature. Bugs and weeds "learn" our techniques and eventually become resistant to our chemicals. We then come out with new chemicals until they become useless. While we ever change our chemicals at a molecular level, what is this manipulation to our food chain and soils doing to us? It's difficult for me to conceive that the answer to this is "nothing at all." Believe it or not, I personally don't think the FDA is out there always protecting us especially when former captains of the chemical industry become their new heads.

davesl708

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200D,
The California Environmental Agency has announced its intentions to have the active ingredient of Roundup glyphosate labelled as an agent known to the state to cause cancer.

In the upcoming months, it will be added to a list of chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm under the action of Proposition 65. Once this happens, businesses will have to provide clear and reasonable warnings before exposing people to Roundup (and other glyphosate products).

https://www.morningagclips.com/cali...r&utm_term=newsletteredition&utm_medium=email

The kicker is does the CEA have proof it causes cancer or does someone there just not like it. Government does not have the best track record on honesty.
Too many have personal agendas they use their positions to impose on others.

ruffdog

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5610 G series w/turfs
You can bet the big wigs don't eat and drink the same stuff as the peasants do.