Traction montana ls 5740

/ montana ls 5740 #1  

winker

Tractor
montana 5740
I have a montana ls5740 front wheels do not drive when in 4w drive Help

Last edited:
   / montana ls 5740 #2  
Did you check the linkage on the lever to make sure the 4wd in engaging? Just a thought!

/ montana ls 5740 #3  
I have an 5740C,, I ve never had a major problem with it.. sometimes the linkage gets hung up between four and two wheel drive,, also on the forward and reverse lever.. I think Guesseral has it right,, more of a linkage problem than a drive problem.. Lou

/ montana ls 5740
thanks for the suggestion i will get under and take a look Winker

/ montana ls 5740
I appreciate the suggestion i will take a look thanks Winker

/ montana ls 5740 #6  
I realize this is an old thread but for those searching for maintenance answers......
My 5740 has 4200 hours and I am very happy with it over all. As to the 4wd issue above, last month I lost front wheel drive and found I sheared off the splines to the front pinion shaft in the differential. Easy diagnosis, slide the front drive shaft cover back from the diff and you can see the coupler between the drive shaft & the pinion shaft,. have someone spin a front wheel and you can ck the integrity of the coupler/pinion connection. Probably not a common parts failure as I was doing heavy FEL work with new-ish front tires and worn rears. I blame myself for the needed repair. A great source for Montana parts for me has been AG Bag Forage solutions in Astoria OR. They are an LS Tractor dealer.