Months with 28 days

/ Months with 28 days #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Years ago I read a book about the number 13. Think that's odd? I also read a book about the number zero. That was fascinating!

In the #13 book it explained why 13 is considered unlucky by so many cultures, not just the west. I don't remember the many reasons why but........no 13s on elevators!

The author pointed out that if every month had 28 days we would have 13 months with a simple 1 day left over....a remainder.

Every month could start on a Monday, or Sunday or whatever but it would never change. They had a simple solution for the leftover day, like a double new year's day or something.

Far less cumbersome that our current system.

I know the Church made the rules and the calendar etc so they decided to use 12 months for obvious reasons but....13 would be better.

/ Months with 28 days #2  
I'll take "Splitting hairs for $1000".

Technically, all months have 28 days. It's just that most of them also have a few extras. ;)

/ Months with 28 days #4  
The atomic clock at Greenwich has to be adjusted every few years to make the dates precise, I think it is only a few seconds but it keeps the dates in line.
I can't remember how often this happens but I recall reading about it.

/ Months with 28 days #5  
The atomic clock at Greenwich is indeed adjusted, but it is to keep the time aligned with the movement of celestial objects. The longitude lines are actually time based, thus the need for an accurate clock.